News:

We have undergone a major upgrade. Please see post in the Announcements board for more details.

Main Menu

The scam that Brits use to pay for their holiday in Spain

Started by Perikles, Sun 28 May 2017, 11:43

Previous topic - Next topic

Malteser Monkey

Quote from: Michael on Sun 28 May 2017, 18:52

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Last time I was in Tenerife 2008 that's where I stayed Costa Adeje Gran. Too bleedin posh for me :giggle: :giggle:

Janet

Quote from: Janet on Sun 28 May 2017, 12:52
It's been going on some time, and people get quite aggressive when the scam is criticized ... they argue that these "claims gatherers" are just doing a job, and they need the income. It's a bit like Millers leaflets in that they cause a problem but you can't complain without generating abuse from those you're trying to "deprive of an income" ...

The British and Spanish Governments have been working on this for some time

The Canarian Tourism Institute has announced that two British people have been arrested on suspicion of falsely claiming to have received food poisoning in their Majorca hotel. The Guardia Civil apprehended the pair last Friday, and say that this is the first case of its kind based on the instigation by British legal firms of claims of illness caused to British tourists by Spanish hotels. They also say that more prosecutions will come, throughout Spain.
One must have sunshine, freedom and flowers. Hans Christian Andersen

Myrtle Hogan-Lance

A couple from Liverpool got caught out on this one as the hotel called up their account which had 109 alcoholic drinks on it.  Whoops.

:link:

Janet

love the comments underneath that say that 6 drinks a day every day for 9 days was quite normal and not at all excessive ...

Nova

Quote from: Janet on Sun 18 Jun 2017, 17:45
love the comments underneath that say that 6 drinks a day every day for 9 days was quite normal and not at all excessive ...

Well that was my first thought  :giggle:
If you are always trying to be normal, you will never know amazing.

—————
My other website: verygomez.com
Instagram: novahowardofficial

TOTO 99

Quote from: Janet on Sun 18 Jun 2017, 17:45

If I'm not mistaken, Del's just been on another thread and confessed to drinking 7 G&T's earlier today.........

Just sayin............. :giggle:

Janet

Nova

Remember that these people were on an all-inclusive holiday so drinks were included in the price. If you're the kind of holidaymaker who stays by the hotel pool, I'd think six all-inclusive drinks per day would be very easy to achieve.
If you are always trying to be normal, you will never know amazing.

—————
My other website: verygomez.com
Instagram: novahowardofficial

Myrtle Hogan-Lance

Quote from: Janet on Sun 18 Jun 2017, 19:24
yes but that was myrtle's fault ...  :-X

:laugh:

Hang on, I thought it was [you]'s fault.

Myrtle Hogan-Lance

@Nova you better take it away because I'm gonna use it every chance I get.  I cannot stop myself, and the posts just write themselves.