News:

We have undergone a major upgrade. Please see post in the Announcements board for more details.

Main Menu

Police and work inspectors raid Puerto Colon boat party

Started by Janet, Mon 24 Apr 2017, 13:20

Previous topic - Next topic

Janet

absolutely! and in reality, people do help each other. The problem arises when the help is "casual", let's say, and then someone injures themselves ...
One must have sunshine, freedom and flowers. Hans Christian Andersen

Perikles

Quote from: Marion on Mon 24 Apr 2017, 20:05
I know the post was originally about the boat raid, but following on from the slightly off topic I find not being allowed to help neighbours goes against the grain. It really this goes against everything that I know about farming communities, where everyone mucks in and helps each other out.

That's why it is totally insane. You can't help your neighbour without a written work contract, even when there is no money changing hands. That's why everybody ignores the laws here, because they are ridiculous. Want a babysitter for two hours? Not allowed. Illegal.
Джереми. Prurio ergo sum
κατθάνοισα δὲ κείσῃ οὐδέ ποτα μναμοσύνα σέθεν ἔσσετ' οὐδὲ †ποκ'†ὔστερον• οὐ γὰρ πεδέχῃς βρόδων τῶν ἐκ Πιερίας•

Myrtle Hogan-Lance

What were these laws enacted in aid of?  I can understand in the USA where you have gazillions of lawyers needing cases to work on, but here, you can't even get a court date for years.

Janet

the state wants its money in the form of taxes and social security payments ... so employment law is insanely restrictive ... and so everyone works under the radar ...
One must have sunshine, freedom and flowers. Hans Christian Andersen