ChalkCat uses cookies in order to function correctly.
To find out more about these cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept cookies from ChalkCat click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Santiago del Teide Almond Blossom Route

Offline Marion

• Lurker - I'm reading over your shoulder
Re: Santiago del Teide Almond Blossom Route
« Reply #20 on: Sun 18 Feb 2018, 18:11 »
I went up about a week and a half or 2 weeks ago. There was actually very little to see.  A few trees had blossoms, but I was wondering what all the fuss was about. I was probably just too early.
"I don't want to get to the end of my life and find that I lived just the length of it. I want to have lived the width of it as well."

- Diane Ackerman

Offline Perikles

• Grammar Police
  • cacoēthes fodiendī
Re: Santiago del Teide Almond Blossom Route
« Reply #21 on: Sun 18 Feb 2018, 18:42 »
I went up about a week and a half or 2 weeks ago. There was actually very little to see.  A few trees had blossoms, but I was wondering what all the fuss was about. I was probably just too early.

I've been on the walk when they were all in full blossom, and it was spectacular, with that amazing scent in the air. The trouble is, although it's well worth seeing, after half an hour it all feels a bit samey and you have another two and a half hours of sameness to walk through. There are only so many trees of the same species you can see before they all look the same, no matter how beautiful.
Джереми. Prurio ergo sum
κατθάνοισα δὲ κείσῃ οὐδέ ποτα μναμοσύνα σέθεν ἔσσετ' οὐδὲ †ποκ'†ὔστερον• οὐ γὰρ πεδέχῃς βρόδων τῶν ἐκ Πιερίας•