Jamie Oliver sparks diplomatic incident

Started by Janet, Wed 5 Oct 2016, 15:30

Previous topic - Next topic

Nova

Cheese - good!  Apple pie - good!

(Friends reference, anyone?)  :giggle:
If you are always trying to be normal, you will never know amazing.

—————
My other website: verygomez.com
Instagram: novahowardofficial

Kingbaker

Quote from: Nova on Thu  6 Oct 2016, 11:16

''Joey doesn't share!! ;)

Wonderfull specimen of manhood.

Malteser Monkey

Quote from: Nova on Thu  6 Oct 2016, 11:16

Naaa  didn't watch it - have you googled

Nova

Quote from: Malteser Monkey on Thu  6 Oct 2016, 11:58
Naaa  didn't watch it - have you googled

It's the episode where Rachael makes a trifle but the recipe book flicked pages or something and she put beef and peas in the trifle. Everyone pretends to eat it so as not to hurt her feelings, except Joey who's really enjoying it. "What's not to like?  Custard, good!  Jam, good!  Meat, good!"

:D
If you are always trying to be normal, you will never know amazing.

—————
My other website: verygomez.com
Instagram: novahowardofficial

Anne 2009

My mum always ate fruit cake with a slice of apple and a chunk of cheddar.

Janet

That's another memory from childhood @Anne 2009 !! Yes of course, fruitcake with cheese!!  :clap:
One must have sunshine, freedom and flowers. Hans Christian Andersen

Anne 2009

Another memory from childhood, i used to love small,cold Yorkshire puds with a dollop of strawberry jam in the middle! Not as bad as it sounds  :yummy:

Janet

Prof

yeah I've always eaten cheese with apples. Bad example. Not the point at all.

If you cook chorizo the fat runs out, very greasy. Although chorizo is usually savoured as a cold meat, lot's of yummy greasy cooked dishes have it, not paella.

Yes, Heston Blumenthal mixes everything, yes he's an artist. There's nothing wrong with mixing chorizo with rice, it's jolly yummy. But it's not a paella.

And I'm sure that what Jamie Oliver made was delicious, I like his recipes . . . and if you speak English there is nothing wrong with calling it a paella, why not? It's got rice, and chorizo is Spanish. No problem.

But I understand the Spanish reaction perfectly; they are as snobbish about what constitutes a good paella as many people are about a good wine. In fact the Canary islands are notorious for being somewhere were you just don't eat paella . . . there's a sort of rice thing that they do for tourists, most Spaniards won't touch it.

I can recommend one place in Los Cristianos - discerning snobs from the mainland frequent it - it's called "El Rincón del Arroz" They do a good paella  - the secret is in the stock.

Janet

@Prof Are they actually still open? Their website has disappeared and there's been nothing on their FB page for months.