Summer sales 2 July to 1 Septembersummer sales will start this coming Monday, and will last

Started by aspasia, Thu 28 Jun 2012, 22:23

Previous topic - Next topic

aspasia

Summer sales will start this coming Monday, 2 July, and will last until 1 September.

Janet

With only three weeks remaining of the summer sales, businesses say that it has been a dreadful period for them, with sales down up to 40% on 2011's figures and business booming only for the first two days. This is the report from the Gen Sec of the Canarian Urban Areas Federation (Fauca), Abbas Moujir, and the president of the Regional Canarian Commerce Confederation (Coreco), Luis de Miguel. Clearly, they say, consumer uncertainty against the background of the economic crisis means that people are waiting until the sales periods for things they need, and no-one is spending on anything unnecessary, something that signals disaster for small business in the Canaries. JA

For me, we're spending so little that I'd even forgotten they were on. If we're remotely typical in this respect, it does indeed bode ill ...

Myrtle Hogan-Lance

I did my bit for the island's economy by buying a palmitero para micro-ondas a/k/a microwave popcorn popper at Sagrera for a whole 2€. 

I passed on the microwave whistling tea kettle.