News:

We have undergone a major upgrade. Please see post in the Announcements board for more details.

Main Menu

Local elections today.

Started by Guanche, Sun 24 May 2015, 15:26

Previous topic - Next topic

Guanche

I think they must assume that you will use the envelopes left in your mail box by each party. Unfortunately I used them for lighting the BBQ! Thankfully they had all the ballot papers in the booth so I had privacy, but I was not allowed to place the envelope in the box myself. I think there were five or more different tables and voting boxes spread about the building. Don't know why they have so many as I think there are only 6000 people in Arafo.

Nova

I would have been happy to take my own but my mailbox had only been granted two from the PSOE and one from CC.  Given that there are 12 competing candidates in Arona, that's really a pretty poor show...
If you are always trying to be normal, you will never know amazing.

—————
My other website: verygomez.com
Instagram: novahowardofficial

Janet

Anyone wanting to keep up to the minute on the municipal results in Tenerife can do so HERE ...  :tiphat:

Nova

Meanwhile, on the Ayto de Arona website... (my yellow highlighting)  :giggle:

[attach=1]

—————

Nova

Quote from: Janet on Sun 24 May 2015, 20:59
Anyone wanting to keep up to the minute on the municipal results in Tenerife can do so HERE ...  :tiphat:

Ooh, the votes have started coming in....  PSOE have a head start....

—————

Myrtle Hogan-Lance

We had political parties coming to the door and delivering brochures and envelopes.  We selected envelopes from what came to the door.

No sense trying to vote for parties who were not running here. 

Janet

Adeje have 15 PSOE consejales with 75% counted, and CxA already have 3 with only around 20% of the Arona vote counted ...

PP trailing badly in Arafo ... :D

The Guía de Isora PSOE walkover continues ...

Guanche

Well looks like I backed the winning horse. I have to admit I forgot which party I had to vote for, but I did remember one of his names 'Leme' or something like that. So once I got into the booth it was a mad rush to find a white ballot paper with 'Leme' on. Which was a trick because 'Leme' or whatever the hell his name is was his second name! Anyway I got it right in the end! The things I have to do to please the wife ::) Happily the PP got trounced and CC are where they should be at the bottom and all but out of sight.... well in Arafo least ways! :D

Myrtle Hogan-Lance

Pelinor why does no one make a TV comedy show of your life?  It is tremendous.

Perikles

Quote from: Myrtle Hogan-Lance on Sun 24 May 2015, 19:42Then I got a call from some Crazy Bastard whose Wife said the turnout was looking like 29%.  I said if the traffic outside my house was anything to go by, it must be about 85%.  (We are 50m from the cultural centre where we vote.)  CB postulated that it meant 29% of voters had now voted.  W and I said it meant a turnout of 29% of people eligible to vote.  OH, in his perverseness, decided to agree with CB even though he told me privately that W and I were right. 

The turnout in Guia de Isora was 64%. The prediction according to M, W and OH was 29%. How the hell do they tally?