News:

We have undergone a major upgrade. Please see post in the Announcements board for more details.

Main Menu

Group of three ill-equipped walkers rescued by helicopter from Teide

Started by Janet, Sat 6 Dec 2014, 14:08

Previous topic - Next topic

Janet

Emergency services have been in action in the Teide caldera this morning when three walkers got lost and one was injured. Emergency services were called out around 10.30am to the #9 walk with reports that a 50-year-old woman had slipped on ice, had hit her head, and needed medical attention. Bomberos and a GES helicopter were despatched, and she was airlifted to Hospitén Sur with minor head injuries and other cuts and bruises. The helicopter then returned to the scene to resume, with the bomberos, the rescue of the other two walkers, who are said to be unhurt, but not to have been adequately equipped for the conditions of Teide in winter. JA

Myrtle Hogan-Lance

Perikles

Quote from: Myrtle Hogan-Lance on Sat  6 Dec 2014, 14:28
My nationality guess:  German.

Seeing that 90% of people who go walking are German, that's a pretty good guess. And I would also guess that a much higher percentage of Germans go well equipped for walking than any other nation. But there will always be idiots

Myrtle Hogan-Lance

Michael

[countdown=01,06,2021,13,30][/countdown] until I return to Tenerife! :toothygrin: