Skip-diving

Started by Nova, Tue 2 Dec 2014, 20:33

Previous topic - Next topic

Nova

...or whatever it's called.  I've just taken a bag of rubbish (egg shells and piggy-poo mostly) down to the bins in Palm Mar and there's a guy with a light on his head going through the bins!!  To have a bloody headlight he must be a regular!  That is illegal here, right?  Any idea if the police actually act on reports of things like that?  The guy didn't seem at all worried about being seen!
If you are always trying to be normal, you will never know amazing.

—————
My other website: verygomez.com
Instagram: novahowardofficial

Janet

I thought it was a normal hobby ...  :whistle:

not sure it's illegal, nor why it should be ...  :undecided:

Nova

In the UK, removing things from the rubbish is considered theft, isn't it?  And what's he looking for, just resellables or personal information for the purpose of identity theft?  I know it's fairly stamdard practice tto take things that are left beside the bin, but to have his head inside the bin sifting through the bags!   :sign0137:  Makes me think I should deposit my rubbish further afield  :tfh:

—————

Janet

Thing is, we shouldn't be putting personal identification stuff in the rubbish, so anything else is impersonal anyway.

Perikles

I was absolutely baffled with these posts, wondering what they had to do with skin diving  :017:

Myrtle Hogan-Lance

I've seen vagrants skip diving here.  Was this guy a vagrant?

Nova

He didn't look like it no, but it was dark.  He was quite a sturdy-looking black guy with a proper headlamp strapped round his head for the purpose.

—————

NAH

Quote from: Nova on Wed  3 Dec 2014, 16:51
... with a proper headlamp strapped round his head for the purpose.

How can you be sure of the purpose of the light strapped to his head? He may simply have been a cyclist, with a light strapped to his head for the purpose of being seen by other traffic, who just happened to stop by the bin to look for something he'd lost earlier  :cheesy:
Never ride faster than your angel can fly.

Nova

...with the help of Tinkerbell and the seven dwarves?  :D

—————

NAH

Quote from: Nova on Wed  3 Dec 2014, 18:45
...with the help of Tinkerbell and the seven dwarves?  :D

Were Santa and the Easter bunny not there?
Never ride faster than your angel can fly.