News:

We have undergone a major upgrade. Please see post in the Announcements board for more details.

Main Menu

Need tyres NOW! Help!!!!

Started by Nova, Thu 13 Nov 2014, 19:15

Previous topic - Next topic

Nova

My car has just failed its ITV on the tyres.  Annoying because it had its service yesterday at the Ford dealership taller but they had no tyres in stock for my car - however they said I should still be ok for the ITV.  I wasn't and of course I don't have this in writing.  Now, of course, I'm not supposed to drive my car until the tyres have been changed and I've retaken the ITV, but I used my only available day off work yesterday and the Ford taller only works 8am-4pm Monday to Friday - and doesn't have my tyres in stock anyway!

Surely there must be somewhere on this island that can fit me a pair of tyres tomorrow evening or on Saturday???  Any ideas????   :panic:
If you are always trying to be normal, you will never know amazing.

—————
My other website: verygomez.com
Instagram: novahowardofficial

Nova

Ok, my stress levels are falling now.  I've been given the details of a few tyre places that work evenings and Saturdays, so I'll head over there tomorrow after work and with a bit of luck I might even be legal for the weekend  :great:

—————

Myrtle Hogan-Lance

Nova, there's a tyre and battery place over in Armeñime which we have used several times and I know J&P have too.  It's behind the Shell (I think Shell, not Disa or Repsol) station.  If you are going into Armeñime from the south by way of Callao Salvaje, it is the big main station on the left hand side.  Pull in, go round to the back and just ask. 

Nova

Thanks M, I'll try Las Chafiras first because it's nearer but it's good to know there's another alternative  :kissing2:

—————

Guanche

Just to be on the safe side Nova it may be wise to make an appointment with whichever tyre fitters you go to. Not too sure how it works here but in the UK you had to prove you were on your way to either the re-test or taking it to get fixed and that meant an appointment. That's of course if your unlucky enough to get stopped.