News:

We have undergone a major upgrade. Please see post in the Announcements board for more details.

Main Menu

Gomasper files for bankruptcy

Started by Janet, Mon 10 Nov 2014, 10:48

Previous topic - Next topic

Janet

Canarian construction company Gomasper has gone into receivership. The company is responsible for some of the most well-known and much-loved complexes in south Tenerife, including El Mirador and Dinastia in Los Cristianos, and the Parque Santiago complexes in Playa de las Américas. Gomasper will perhaps be one of the most familiar victims of the ongoing property crash, in which there is little sign of recovery despite official pronouncements that "things are looking up". JA

Guanche

I'm surprised there are any large construction companies left in Spain. The clever ones got out of the business a while ago.

El Profesor

Quote from: Janet on Mon 10 Nov 2014, 10:48
Canarian construction company Gomasper has gone into receivership. The company is responsible for some of the most well-known and much-loved complexes in south Tenerife, including El Mirador and Dinastia in Los Cristianos, and the Parque Santiago complexes in Playa de las Américas. Gomasper will perhaps be one of the most familiar victims of the ongoing property crash, in which there is little sign of recovery despite official pronouncements that "things are looking up". JA
Probably got something to do with that massive shopping centre they just finished on the slip road next to the courts in Los Cristianos, the one with that really original name . . . . Parque Santiago Catorce.

Whoever is building that massive shopping centre next to Siam Park must be shitting themselves.

Janet

That wasn't Gomasper ... they did build at least PS1-4, maybe 5, but not 6, which is the CC. That's Santiago Sur.

I think the CC next to Siam Park is Grupo N1.

El Profesor

Didn't know that.
Do you know who's building the really really massive one by the Hiper Trebol in Adeje?

Janet

as far as I know, it's Ambrosio Jiménez Quintana  :-X

El Profesor

Quote from: Janet on Tue 11 Nov 2014, 09:30
as far as I know, it's Ambrosio Jiménez Quintana  :-X

Where are all those shoppers going to come from?

Myrtle Hogan-Lance

I thought the plan was that they would arrive by ferry en masse from all over the Canaries.

Janet

Quote from: Prof on Tue 11 Nov 2014, 15:16
Where are all those shoppers going to come from?

given the constructor, you think the end result, or the actual commercial viability, is a point of interest?