News:

We have undergone a major upgrade. Please see post in the Announcements board for more details.

Main Menu

Now we really do have to be on guard

Started by aspasia, Wed 9 May 2012, 10:16

Previous topic - Next topic

Nova

Quote from: Janet on Tue 20 Nov 2012, 11:49
The Guardia Civil is investigating the death of a man earlier today in Candelaria Hospital where he had been admitted after being attacked by several individuals outside his home in Guargacho last Thursday. Police sources say the investigation has been opened despite there being few details to go on. They say that the man was so seriously injured that they hadn't been able even to interview him before he died. Police were initially called after the man's daughter reported the attack on Friday, and the Guardia Civil says that they are working on the hypothesis that it is a case of aggravated robbery.  JA

It's very sad.  This has been the talk of the office today as the poor victim was known to many of our customers.  I'm sure I'd know him to see him but I can't think who he is from the descriptions I've been given.
If you are always trying to be normal, you will never know amazing.

—————
My other website: verygomez.com
Instagram: novahowardofficial

Nova

The car parked right behind mine was broken into last night.  The guardia civil have just been there taking notes and the bar we're parked beside has been sweeping the shattered glass off the pavement.  My car appears to be ok from here and the guardia showed no interest in mine while they were there.

—————

Janet

Right outside?? If so, is there any chance it could have been a drunken accident??

Nova

You know the bar next to my building with the green canopy?  We're parked outside that, Rambla side.  I heard several loud bangs at about 1am that sent my piggies running for cover, then the car alarm went off.  I looked over the balcony and saw the alarm was the car behind mine but by then I couldn't see anybody around.  That bar was closed.  I could tell from the light reflections that my windows were ok but I couldn't see on the other car.  I watched for several minutes but saw nothing of concern and didn't even know at that point whether the bangs and the car alarm were related.

In the light of morning, watching the guardia at work, the driver's window of that car is completely smashed in.  No accident, I'm sure.

—————

Janet

no, that sounds deliberate. Well you were either fortunate, or there was something obvious in that car that thieves wanted to get away with. Either way, thank god yours is OK ... but it just doesn't get any better, does it ... ? :unsure:

Nova

If that car had something of interest inside, the thugs must have been hunting because the car had a silver foil sunshade right across the windscreen.  It's also a shiny new looking car.  One of the reasons I don't have a problem with my car being filthy is I think it looks a bit less tempting to break into when the outside is mucky and the only visible contents are tissues, empty plastic bottles and sweet wrappers....  :whistle:

It's very worrying though.

—————

Michael

Have you still got the mighty Ka Nova?  :D
[countdown=01,06,2021,13,30][/countdown] until I return to Tenerife! :toothygrin:

Nova

Quote from: Michael on Sun 25 Nov 2012, 12:54
Have you still got the mighty Ka Nova?  :D

Have indeedy!  My reliable little steed :D

—————

Janet

and I still can't ever remember what colour it is!  :D

Michael

Quote from: Nova on Sun 25 Nov 2012, 13:01
Have indeedy!  My reliable little steed :D

Any car that can make it up the hill to Janet's with 4 adults on board is alright in my book.  :rofl:
[countdown=01,06,2021,13,30][/countdown] until I return to Tenerife! :toothygrin: