Now we really do have to be on guard

Started by aspasia, Wed 9 May 2012, 10:16

Previous topic - Next topic

Janet

small stuff usually, phones and small computer stuff like ipads and laptops, bank cards, cash, jewellery.

Myrtle Hogan-Lance

Anything they can get their hands on.  As a foreigner I am nervous because everyone knows all foreigners are rich. 

Janet

Guardia Civil officers have arrested two youths of 18 and 19 who carried out an armed street robbery in Las Galletas in the early hours of this morning. Getting out of a car in which there were another four occupants, one youth threatened a passer-by with a gun and demanded money. He got away with just €25. After the police were called, a patrol car managed to pick up two of the five; the other three managed to get away and are still being sought.  JA

Nova

Hell, that's scary!!!  Do we know how early in the morning?  I will carry my pepper spray in my hand tomorrow :sofa:
If you are always trying to be normal, you will never know amazing.

—————
My other website: verygomez.com
Instagram: novahowardofficial

Janet

Not at the moment, got it from a news feed and haven't gone through the papers yet ... will update if I find out. They're just saying "madrugada de este jueves".

Guanche

I think the fact that two were picked up so quickly is reassuring the police must have been on their toes!. I can only imagine that the vehicle was stopped and the occupants decamped. One double manned patrol car equals two offenders. Good work.

Janet

It was between midnight and half past twelve last night :unsure:

Myrtle Hogan-Lance

We are friendly with a couple who run a bar/restaurant in a coastal town, and they live a bit inland with their two children, in a very populated town.  They are not foreigners.  About a week and a half ago the son returned home from school early in the afternoon to find that their entire place had been trashed.  Neighbours, who were around, heard and saw nothing.  The woman showed me the pictures and they were horrendous.  The thieves had turned the place upside down - every single room.  Now the kids are scared to sleep there and the couple are scared because obviously, they have a business to run during certain hours, and the thieves know this.  This is the first such burglary I have heard of since being here. 

Janet

The Guardia Civil is investigating the death of a man earlier today in Candelaria Hospital where he had been admitted after being attacked by several individuals outside his home in Guargacho last Thursday. Police sources say the investigation has been opened despite there being few details to go on. They say that the man was so seriously injured that they hadn't been able even to interview him before he died. Police were initially called after the man's daughter reported the attack on Friday, and the Guardia Civil says that they are working on the hypothesis that it is a case of aggravated robbery.  JA

mrintech

That's sad :( Reminds me of my hometown :(

I hope you don't have plain glass doors and windows without bars. Something like this:

If you have one, get it replaced with a wooden/iron one :)

Take care everyone  :tiphat: