Switching to Movistar Fusion

Started by Nova, Fri 12 Sep 2014, 21:29

Previous topic - Next topic

Nova

What experience does anybody have with moving to Movistar Fusion?  How long does it usually take?  Although my ADSL/fijo is with Movistar already my mobile is with Vodafone on a contract that's up in the middle of November.  Do you think it's worth contracting the Fusion now on the basis that it could take Movistar two months to get their act together and for Vodafone to release my number?  And be prepared to pay the penalty (38 euros apparently) to Vodafone if it happens sooner?  Or should I wait until nearer the time?  To put the penalty into context, I'm hoping that moving to Fusion will save nearly €50 a month on my total telephony bill.  It's probably worth paying the VF penalty right now  :p
If you are always trying to be normal, you will never know amazing.

—————
My other website: verygomez.com
Instagram: novahowardofficial

Delderek

I read somewhere not long ago that the average time to port a number in Spain was 2 days, about the same time as the UK. So ignoring the financial thing you would only need to start the change about a week before you need it

Nova

Really?  It took at least a week just to switch my mobile from Movistar to Vodafone in the first place...

—————

El Profesor

I've got fusion - very cheap - no probs - good back up service.

Just don't go to Jazztel

Myrtle Hogan-Lance

Nova

I filled out the online order for Fusion on Thursday night, this morning Movistar phoned me to confirm the details and I've just had a text from Vodafone to say that in 24 hours my mobile will be changed over to Movistar!  Bloody hell, I've never known anything happen this quickly in Tenerife!!!

So I need a Movistar shop quick to collect my new SIM card before my Vodafone sim stops working. And today's a holiday in Arona. Anyone know if there's a Movistar shop in Las Chafiras and where?  I need the nearest one that isn't in Arona  :panic:

Edit: hey is Guargacho in San Miguel or Arona?  I know there's one there.

—————

Perikles

Nova

Since I switched to Fusion something very strange is happening with my billing.  I know I'm going to have to ask them about it to avoid a huge cumulative bill or penalty, but I'm almost afraid to bring it to their attention.  What do you make of this?

I have the 60€ a month fusion package, which I figure should be about 53€ in Canaries.  I am using my internet constantly, fijo and mobile, with frequent 3G use, and I have my Movistar Tv.  However, since I switched to Fusion, my bills have been:

November: €11,30 (the month I switched to Fusion from the €45 a month tariff I was on before),
December: €1,97,
January: €2,02.

Looking at the bill, Movistar only seem to be charging me for my international calls and nothing else!!!  Has anybody else experienced anything like this?  I put the first low bill down to some kind of pro-rata-ing with the change of tariff, but now I see January's bill is also going to be stupidly low, I think I'd better say something  :giggle:

—————

Perikles

When we switched to Fusion, there was a month or two with little or no charge, then they started charging as expected. Keep quiet.

El Profesor

Of course you haven't noticed.