News:

We have undergone a major upgrade. Please see post in the Announcements board for more details.

Main Menu

Major chain opens new cash and carry in Adeje

Started by Janet, Thu 11 Sep 2014, 22:47

Previous topic - Next topic

Janet

[attachimg=4]

[attachimg=3]

[attachimg=2]

[attachimg=1]

As of yesterday, there is a new cash and carry in Adeje. Mayor José Miguel Rodríguez Fraga was there for the inauguration, along with regional minister for employment, industry and commerce Francisca Luengo, Cabildo vice-president and councillor Efraín Medina, and more than 300 invited guests including business representatives, suppliers and clients. The new Grupo Miquel Cash and Carry is the low white building between Hipertrebol and the BP petrol station/Wok Chinese restaurant on the road parallel to the TF1 just by the main Adeje roundabout. This major chain of Spanish stores sell a vast range of goods, from food to electrical, bathroom and cosmetics, drinks, frozen goods, as well as a large range of quality own-brand items.

Grupo Miguel's entry into the Tenerife market involves an investment of up to €29m and the creation of 158 jobs. Efraín Medina said he was very pleased to see the company setting up shop in the island: "this is a reason to celebrate, and our common objective is to generate economic development and the Tenerife Cabildo is delighted to invite all of you to work together with us to achieve this". Adeje mayor Fragoa said that the presence of the Grupo Miquel would improve the network of services available in the borough which welcomes almost 2 million tourists a year, and congratulated the group for their inclusion of many Canarian products on the shelves – some 2,500 of the 9,000 9,000 products on sale are Canarian. JA

Myrtle Hogan-Lance

That's the one I pointed out in the car - let's plan a trip.  Who is starting the sign up sheet?

Janet

Myrtle Hogan-Lance

Janet

I'm just double checking that it's actually open to the public. The press release I got didn't say it wasn't ... but I couldn't see why they'd promote it so heavily if it were just for trade. But so many people have said this morning that it's only for businesses that I've emailed to ask ...

Sorry ...

Michael

It's the description that's confusing.

In the UK the phrase 'cash & carry' denotes trade only.

That will cost them a few euro.  :whistle:
[countdown=01,06,2021,13,30][/countdown] until I return to Tenerife! :toothygrin:

Janet

Apologies. This new cash and carry is for trade, wholesale, and although I don't have details it seems that people will need some sort of proof that they're a business. I don't really understand the big PR event if it's not open to the public, but I'm sure it will be useful to many local businesses who might welcome an alternative to the existing outlets like Makro.

I'll try and find out more about how one can register to shop there and update when I have the information. Meanwhile, I'm sorry for raising everyone's hopes!

Michael

If it's anything like Makro here, the cards aren't exactly hard to get.
[countdown=01,06,2021,13,30][/countdown] until I return to Tenerife! :toothygrin:

Janet

Michael

Quote from: Janet on Fri 12 Sep 2014, 14:00
Even I've got a Makro card!!  :ermm:  :67:

I had one as well. They came to our store and gave them to all the managers.  ::)