News:

We have undergone a major upgrade. Please see post in the Announcements board for more details.

Main Menu

Asian week at LIDL Las Chafiras

Started by Myrtle Hogan-Lance, Wed 3 Sep 2014, 16:06

Previous topic - Next topic

Myrtle Hogan-Lance

In case anybody is interested, it's Asian week at LIDL in Las Chafiras.  I picked up some teriyaki sauce for 89 cents and a bottle of rarer-than-hen's-teeth rice vinegar for 1.69€.  They have other stuff too.   To find out what stuff, visit them.

Myrtle Hogan-Lance

Was in LIDL today and it is American flavours week.  Besides muffin mixes and chocolate chip cookies, they have 454g jars of peanut butter, crunchy and smooth, on sale for 2.75.€.  This beats Iceland's best price on Waitrose peanut butter by a mile.

I have not had maple syrup in nearly 5 years but am going to enjoy some soon as they have 250ml bottles of it for 2.99€.  Iceland wants something on the order of 7€ for a similar sized bottle.

There is, of course, the usual assortment of odd things you cannot live without in the Weird Shit aisle.

Perikles

Quote from: Myrtle Hogan-Lance on Wed  3 Sep 2014, 16:06
In case anybody is interested, it's Asian week at LIDL in Las Chafiras. 

Does that mean that women have to wear burkas and are not allowed to drive there?

Edit: shit - I hadn't noticed that post was a century ago.

Myrtle Hogan-Lance

You also had not noticed it was Far East Asia.   :whack:

Janet

REAL maple syrup? As opposed to maple syrup-flavoured Lyle's golden syrup ... ??   :crossfingers:

Myrtle Hogan-Lance

Looks like it. It says it is pure maple syrup, product of Canada.  And if the Canucks don't do it right, who are we to trust?

Janet

I now have two bottles of genuine maple syrup!!

:thanx: for the tip!!

Perikles

Quote from: Janet on Fri 27 Feb 2015, 13:28
I now have two bottles of genuine maple syrup!!

Credit to me, thank you very much, for having to bet that "jarabe de arce" was Maple syrup.  :great: The American section is really unimpressive, and the decision was helped by the fact that it was the only liquid on sale. The rest looked like nibbles. Did you know that mobile phones do not work in Lidl?

Myrtle Hogan-Lance

Quote from: Perikles on Fri 27 Feb 2015, 13:43
Did you know that mobile phones do not work in Lidl?

Yes, in fact.  At Xmastime 2013 I went to LIDL and the car park was overflowing and I had to invent a parking space.  Inside it was heaving with people of every nationality all asking each other 'what the hell is going on in here?'  When I got in the queue it was halfway to the back of the door.  Like everybody else I pulled out my phone to call someone and tell them the situation.  Nobody got a signal.