ChalkCat uses cookies in order to function correctly.
To find out more about cookies as well as our monetization experiment, see our privacy notice.
To accept cookies from ChalkCat click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Spanish Highway Code

Offline Michael

• Domestic god.
Spanish Highway Code
« Reply #10 on: Thu 24 Jul 2014, 14:03 »
There's that stupid joke about the republican wanting to be more Irish - a surgeon offered to remove half his brain to achieve this, so he agreed. He woke up after the op to hear the surgeon tell him they had removed three quarters by mistake. The republican just laughed and said "Diolch, Da iawn Boyo"

Brilliant. One of the ways I amuse myself these days is winding up a Shinner on FB. This joke shall be adapted.  :great:
 until I return to Tenerife! :toothygrin:

Offline NAH

• Code Wizard ;
Spanish Highway Code
« Reply #11 on: Thu 24 Jul 2014, 19:02 »
just out of interest, in the UK, is the Highway Code available in different languages??

I've got no links but fairly sure it is, which is why I asked about the Spanish one.
Never ride faster than your angel can fly.

Next in Tenerife:

30 days 8 hours 42 minutes remaining
4 months 11 days 14 hours 51 minutes remaining
7 months 13 days 9 hours 19 minutes remaining

Offline Janet

Spanish Highway Code
« Reply #12 on: Thu 24 Jul 2014, 19:30 »
Perikles' post above suggests Irish Gaelic, Lithuanian, Mandarin, Polish, Portuguese and Russian ...
One must have sunshine, freedom and flowers. Hans Christian Andersen

Offline Perikles

• Grammar Police
  • cacoēthes fodiendī
Spanish Highway Code
« Reply #13 on: Sun 19 Oct 2014, 08:41 »
OK guys - the definitive info from Dirección General de Tráfico the on how to tackle a ROUNDABOUT

:link:

It is presented as an excellent and clear explanation of all instances. However, as far as I can see it explains nothing. It does not explain how to deal with driving a full circle or three quarters of a circle, which is exactly what needs to be explained.

One car on the inside lane is incorrect because it cuts across the path of one in the outside land. Er - yes - but who has right of way?

Note that the only clear "correct" approaches involve keeping in the outside lane. That's the only place I'll ever be.
Джереми. Prurio ergo sum
κατθάνοισα δὲ κείσῃ οὐδέ ποτα μναμοσύνα σέθεν ἔσσετ' οὐδὲ †ποκ'†ὔστερον• οὐ γὰρ πεδέχῃς βρόδων τῶν ἐκ Πιερίας•

Offline Janet

Spanish Highway Code
« Reply #14 on: Sun 19 Oct 2014, 09:59 »
It's a hopeless graphic ... this one's better ...

One must have sunshine, freedom and flowers. Hans Christian Andersen

Offline Pelinor

• Forum old Git
  • confucius say.
Spanish Highway Code
« Reply #15 on: Sun 19 Oct 2014, 10:31 »
These examples are all well and good, but from what I observe the problem comes when you have a roundabout where there are two lanes on the roundabout but a mix of one and two lanes feeding it and exiting it. Sticking to the outside lane is safest!

Offline Myrtle Hogan-Lance

• Forum Turtle
Spanish Highway Code
« Reply #16 on: Sun 19 Oct 2014, 11:27 »
It tells me I have been doing it illegally at the roundabout outside CC San Eugenio.  I learned to enter the roundabout from the left lane, stay in the left lane and exit from that lane, keeping me in the left lane as traffic carries on toward the TF-1.  The reason I do it that way is that people are always double parked in the right lane after the roundabout so the traffic on the right does not move. 

Back to the outside lane or take my chances on a ticket?   :kc024:

Online Nova

• Forum Geek
  • Good things take time...
Spanish Highway Code
« Reply #17 on: Sun 19 Oct 2014, 11:34 »
It's irrelevant at the moment because that roundabout is down to one lane while the road is dug up outside CC San Eugenio and the traffic is redirected via a contraflow on the Puerto Colon side of the road  :tiphat:
Say something nice!