Police arrest Polish man for burglary in Palm Mar

Started by Janet, Tue 24 Jun 2014, 17:54

Previous topic - Next topic

Janet

Playa de las Américas Guardia Civil has arrested a 32-year-old Polish man for burglary in Palm Mar after a resident denounced the theft of some €43,000 worth of money and personal effects from a dwelling in the village. The arrest was made after a detailed inspection which allowed police to identify the thief from traces left at the scene. Palm Mar has been the scene of quite a few burglaries lately, and it is not known at this stage whether this man is the main culprit, or one of those responsible. There is one burglar fewer in the area at present, at least, and it's good to know that the police are not only prepared to take thefts seriously, but that their forensic inspections can lead to such rapid results. JA

Guanche

Good work. I can't think of many house burglaries I attended that had that much stolen.

Myrtle Hogan-Lance

My thought too Pelinor.  The idea of losing ****43K€**** disturbs me beyond belief.

Guanche

On a ever so slightly diffrent topic. We had a viewing on our house the other day. The woman told the wife she had a friend who recently sold a house in the South for €500,000 to a Russian who paid in.............cash!!

Now I don't believe it for a second......but this is Africa! :undecided:

Nova

Believe it, the Russians like cash!  Don't forget that wealth among Russians is incredibly new and its origins are very... how shall I put this... black.  Most Russians with money (and those who have made it to Tenerife by definition have money) do not want their assets or transactions logged in "the system"  :whistle:
If you are always trying to be normal, you will never know amazing.

—————
My other website: verygomez.com
Instagram: novahowardofficial

Perikles

Quote from: Pelinor on Tue 24 Jun 2014, 20:58Now I don't believe it for a second

I would have believed it a couple of years ago, but I don't see how that could be possible today. There is a very small limit to the amount of cash a notary can allow for a sale. Gone are the days of shopping bags full of €500 notes.

Guanche

Quote from: Periklēs on Wed 25 Jun 2014, 07:13
I would have believed it a couple of years ago, but I don't see how that could be possible today. There is a very small limit to the amount of cash a notary can allow for a sale. Gone are the days of shopping bags full of €500 notes.

Quote from: Nova on Tue 24 Jun 2014, 21:04
Believe it, the Russians like cash!  Don't forget that wealth among Russians is incredibly new and its origins are very... how shall I put this... black.  Most Russians with money (and those who have made it to Tenerife by definition have money) do not want their assets or transactions logged in "the system"  :whistle:

I thought one could only move around cash in sums of less than €10,000. Bank transfers have to be vouched for as to where the money came from with a paper trail, OK I know that can be 'fixed' but even so does money move around that easily this day and age....  we're lead to believe it doesn't? Added to that what are the sellers going to do with half a million in cash. The can't just put it in the bank? The tax man and maybe the Police will have a field day? Plus I thought there was a ban on paying in cash for anything over €2,000? Not sure.

Janet

The €2,000 cash limit is for professional services, not purchases. With a notarial purchase, cash cannot be more than 10% of the price, and even then it has to be noted in the escritura.