News:

We have undergone a major upgrade. Please see post in the Announcements board for more details.

Main Menu

Mac's visit

Started by Janet, Mon 5 May 2014, 17:58

Previous topic - Next topic

Michael

Quote from: Janet on Sat 10 May 2014, 09:15
Given what poker is saying in the garden thread about "bad seeds" sold here, would you be able to bring some seeds over? Is that allowed on a plane??

My son-in-law is an airport security man. I'll ask. What do you need?

Edit : Can you check at your end?

[countdown=01,06,2021,13,30][/countdown] until I return to Tenerife! :toothygrin:

Janet

I'll see what I can find out, yes.  :thanx:

Lettuces and green bell peppers.

Myrtle Hogan-Lance

"Seeds on a Plane" won't hold a candle to "Snakes on a Plane".

Michael

Flights, travel insurance, parking. Any more and i'll have to pay excess on the amount of paper i'm bringing FFS.  ::)

Janet, did you find out about the seeds yet?

[countdown=01,06,2021,13,30][/countdown] until I return to Tenerife! :toothygrin:

Janet

not for sure, but I have serious doubts. Best to forget it and I'll get them sent by Amazon or something ...

but  :thanx:

Michael

But the ones they sell there must be imported from somewhere so how could it be illegal to bring in a couple of packets?  :undecided:

Janet

I just don't know! And I don't want you running any risk ... and in any case Perikles is germinating on a wet plate on his desk ... :laugh:

Don't think about, just get yourself over here  :great:

Delderek

Quote from: Michael on Tue 13 May 2014, 18:44
But the ones they sell there must be imported from somewhere so how could it be illegal to bring in a couple of packets?  :undecided:

I believe no restrictions exist on the .movement of anything like that within Europe

Janet

There was when we moved over Del, they wouldn't allow us to bring garden stuff in our shipment ...  :undecided:

Delderek

This seems pretty clear: http://www.rhs.org.uk/advice/profile?pid=435

Moving plants within the EU

Within the European Union (EU) there are no border checks for plants and plant products travelling between member states and, it is possible, to import and export plants freely with very few exceptions.

If you intend, however, to move large quantities check with the Plant Health and Seed Inspectorate (PHSI) – offices are usually based at DEFRA Regional centres. A limited range of material, which hosts the most serious 'quarantine' pests and diseases such as potatoes, do require official documentation