News:

We have undergone a major upgrade. Please see post in the Announcements board for more details.

Main Menu

Easter 2014 municipal programmes

Started by Janet, Wed 9 Apr 2014, 15:01

Previous topic - Next topic

Janet

Easter is a huge occasion in Tenerife, and Ayuntamientos pull out all the stops to offer full programmes for a week that is pivotal to Christian belief. Even so, some events stand out, like Adeje's Passion Play, and Guía de Isora's Pascua Florida, where the town's streets are filled with floral displays evoking the stations of the cross, or Christ's journey through Jerusalem to the place of his crucifixion and death. I'll list here any Easter programmes I find, and start with Adeje (and in English HERE), Guía de Isora, and Arona. I'll update as any more become available.

On the subject of Guía de Isora's Pascua Florida, this year, the displays will be on view between Thursday 17 and Sunday 20 April in the casco, the central old part of town. Guía de Isora Ayuntamiento says that this Easter floral tribute is unique in Spain, and it is certainly worth going to see over Easter. The programme is HERE. JA

Janet

Puerto de la Cruz' Easter programme is now available HERE.

Myrtle Hogan-Lance

The procession from the church plaza to <X> in our town has just come past the house.  I have zero idea where they are en route to, only that they will have to come back up the hill to the church to finish probably.  Not being Catholic, I don't know, but it might be the stations of the cross?  Bad pic follows...

[attach=1]

Perikles

Quote from: Myrtle Hogan-Lance on Mon 14 Apr 2014, 21:50Bad pic follows...

Looks more like a lynch mob than anything else, which I suppose is what Easter is all about.