Tráfico speeding campaign starts today

Started by Janet, Mon 31 Mar 2014, 11:20

Previous topic - Next topic

Janet

Tráfico has announced a national speed campaign from today until 6 April. The campaign will be focused above all on what DGT calls conventional roads, i.e. not motorways, which is where they say most speed-related deaths occur. Last year, police say, more than a million drivers were caught speeding, and if only people obeyed limits, 25% of associated deaths could be avoided. Last year, some 500 died as a result of speeding. The campaign aims to catch a substantial proportion of the 39% of cars which exceed speed limits, 13% by more than 20km/h.  JA

Marion

Can you remind me what the speed limits are please Janet.  Also, when you go out of a town does it go to the higher number at the town ending sign?  Thank you!

Janet

yes, have a look HERE for simplicity ... and yes, once you get to the crossed through sign, it goes to the higher speed.

And remember that half the speed limit is the minimum limit!

Nova

So the road between the Palm Mar roundabout and Las Galletas has a limit of 90?  I thought it was 100  :undecided:
If you are always trying to be normal, you will never know amazing.

—————
My other website: verygomez.com
Instagram: novahowardofficial

Janet

yes, that's 100, and further up towards Guaza too ... because of the width of the hard shoulder.  :tiphat:

Nova

Ah gotcha!  :thanx:

So the question I want to ask now is do they set the speed limit according to the width of the hard shoulder or do they build the hard shoulder according to the desired limit?  :catsmiley:
If you are always trying to be normal, you will never know amazing.

—————
My other website: verygomez.com
Instagram: novahowardofficial

Marion

Think I need to print it out and memorise it!  Thank you Janet.  :clap: