News:

We have undergone a major upgrade. Please see post in the Announcements board for more details.

Main Menu

Cold caller from Endesa.

Started by Guanche, Fri 7 Mar 2014, 18:31

Previous topic - Next topic

Guanche

Well as far as I'm concerned its a con! I started thinking and if Endesa were canvassing only people who pay by standing order they would come with all the information they needed, not just knock on doors, or one would hope so? Plus if they were being so generous to the customer by reduction the bills they would just do it with great fanfare on the TV.  So somewhere we will be getting stiffed for something.
No company changes a contact for the benefit of the customer. So first thing on Monday morning the wife's phoning Endesa and cancelling what ever she signed for.
In the mean time shes going to see her brother who used to work for Unelco to see if he can give a better explanation as to what its all about.

Myrtle Hogan-Lance

I am coming in late to this thread.  A few weeks back, we had a flier from the benevolent souls from the ayuntamiento telling us how we could save on our electricity bill.  It involved contacting the supplier and getting the potencia changed down.  Did you get that too Janet and Perikles?

We didn't consider it for a moment for the same reasons Perikles outlined.  Plus OH has all his radios and other equipment to run. 

Janet

no, I don't think we got a flyer like that ... or if we did Perikles has binned it without reference ...

Guanche

Well the wife went to the offices today and cancelled the new contract. Still a bit confused. From what I managed to understand it was all about insurance cover for the wiring in the house if anything went wrong. The cost was €3 a month but at no point did they say exactly what it covered us for, even when asked! All they seemed to be interested in was pushing some 10% discount, if we signed up for the insurance. But how long the discount went on for or what it was off, the bill, the potencia, the new insurance God only knows. All very vague and unprofessional.

Within ten min of returning home the phone went and it was Endesa questioning why we cancelled, it nearly ended up in a shouting match!!

Janet

so nothing to do with the service, and far from a saving, you get to pay extra for insurance that you didn't want, probably don't need, and didn't understand because they were incapable of explaining it to you other than telling you it was a 10% discount on money you didn't need to spend anyway ...

yeah, that sounds about right.

FFS I now say NO to everything, and the more they press, the louder I say it.

Delderek

Quote from: JanetFFS I now say NO to everything, and the more they press, the louder I say it.

Do you know something!!! I had so many girlfriends like that in my early days :021:

Myrtle Hogan-Lance

Quote from: Delderek on Mon 10 Mar 2014, 17:07
Do you know something!!! I had so many girlfriends like that in my early days :021:

Wow, and you had to fight them off like that?  You must've been one hot dude.

Delderek

Quote from: Myrtle Hogan-Lance on Mon 10 Mar 2014, 17:15
Wow, and you had to fight them off like that?  You must've been one hot dude.

I was they wasn't, You had to buy engagement rings in those days to get anywhere. I got a good discount at the local jewellers for being a regular customer. :whistle:

Guanche

Quote from: Janet on Mon 10 Mar 2014, 17:00
FFS I now say NO to everything, and the more they press, the louder I say it.

Yep that's the only way to be. I think the wife's parting shot to Endeas was along the lines of 'Look is Endeas a charity? No it isn't, so your only going to do whats best for Endesa and not me' Well it was a tad more colourful than that, but I don't think they'll be bothering us for a while.