Search underway for windsurfer missing off El Medano coast

Started by Janet, Thu 6 Mar 2014, 20:00

Previous topic - Next topic

Janet

A search is underway this evening for a windsurfer who has disappeared off the coast of El Medano. Involved in the operation are a search and rescue helicopter, Protección Civil, Guardia Civil and the lifeboat Salvamar Alpheratz. The above photo has been released by the emergency services. JA

Janet

The windsurfer missing since around 5.30pm yesterday afternoon is now said to be a 64-year-old British man. There is still no news about his discovery. JA

Myrtle Hogan-Lance

At times like this you want him to walk into a pub, everybody act like they've seen a ghost, and for him to say "What?"  Better than the obvious outcome.

Janet

I've found myself checking a passport copy this morning ... I know a 60+ year-old windsurfing Brit from El Médano. I'm hoping they got the age right, because they often get it wrong ... my chap is 61 ...

Nova

The helicopter has been doing circuits over Las Galletas this evening and morning, presumably part of the same search.
If you are always trying to be normal, you will never know amazing.

—————
My other website: verygomez.com
Instagram: novahowardofficial

Janet

Janet

Sadly, emergency services have announced that a fishing vessel has found a body in the sea near the Punta Rasca area. It is not yet confirmed that it is that of the missing British windsurfer, but it does seem likely. The lifeboat Una Salvamar is bringing the poor soul into Los Cristianos harbour at the moment, where the Guardia Civil are waiting to take control of the situation. JA

Janet

The Guardia Civil has confirmed, as anticipated, that the body is indeed that of the missing British windsurfer. JA