TV set (acquisition and disposal)

Started by NAH, Sun 23 Feb 2014, 16:23

Previous topic - Next topic

NAH

We finally need to purchase a new television and it's probably going to be purchased from Worten at Chafiras, simple because it is local and they have a good web site which I have been browsing....unless anyone else suggests somewhere else?

I'm sure I found somewhere on their website that they deliver but will they remove a 28" CRT television (from the 2ª floor) for disposal (if so I assume they charge extra for this?) or will I have to take that to the local dump? If the latter could someone give me some directions please, I understand it's just the other side of the TF1?
Never ride faster than your angel can fly.

Nova

If you can get there I'd recommend Media Markt next to Carrefour for a wider range at lower prices.

As for disposal, there is a mobile recycling cabin in Las Galletas every Wednesday for the deposit of electrical goods. Presumably it visits other areas on the other days but I don't know how you'd find out.
If you are always trying to be normal, you will never know amazing.

—————
My other website: verygomez.com
Instagram: novahowardofficial

Perikles

Quote from: NAH on Sun 23 Feb 2014, 16:23
We finally need to purchase a new television and it's probably going to be purchased from Worten at Chafiras, simple because it is local and they have a good web site which I have been browsing....unless anyone else suggests somewhere else?

We end up buying just about everything from there, even after we have shopped around and compared prices. Not only the prices, but it's the only shop I know of in Tenerife where they smile and seem to know something about their products.

NAH

Quote from: Perikles on Sun 23 Feb 2014, 16:59
We end up buying just about everything from there, even after we have shopped around and compared prices. Not only the prices, but it's the only shop I know of in Tenerife where they smile and seem to know something about their products.

I don't suppose you know if they hold large items (everything?) in stock? i.e. Can I simply walk in and buy a television 'to take away'?
Never ride faster than your angel can fly.

poker

Yes they have a large stock in chafiras and they also deliver free to youre house and take the old appliance back with them if you wish .

Here also as Perikles says not a lot of differance in prices with the north .
There could be a promotional itam perhaps , but Worten has also good promotions .

Myrtle Hogan-Lance

Check out Electro-Cris/Cris-Abora on the Los Cristianos/Las Americas border.  We've used them for the hob, oven, extractor fan, new refrigerator/freezer and chest freezer.

They may well be happy to take your old TV away 'no questions asked'.  Otherwise go to a Punta Limpia. 

Perikles

Quote from: poker on Sun 23 Feb 2014, 18:11Here also as Perikles says not a lot of differance in prices with the north .

That's my impression. It has the advantage that when (not if) it breaks down, you don't have to schlepp it back up north to throw it back at them.

Perikles

Quote from: Myrtle Hogan-Lance on Sun 23 Feb 2014, 18:15
Check out Electro-Cris/Cris-Abora on the Los Cristianos/Las Americas border.  We've used them for the hob, oven, extractor fan, new refrigerator/freezer and chest freezer.

Interesting how experiences differ. I found them to be rude, disinterested ignorant morons. i.e. Canarians.

Janet

Agreed. I was treated with utter contempt in that store, and resolved never to return under any circumstances.

Myrtle Hogan-Lance

Quote from: Perikles on Sun 23 Feb 2014, 18:34
That's my impression. It has the advantage that when (not if) it breaks down, you don't have to schlepp it back up north to throw it back at them.

Where the hell did you study Yiddish?  Schlep my boy, schlep!

Quote from: Perikles on Sun 23 Feb 2014, 18:36
Interesting how experiences differ. I found them to be rude, disinterested ignorant morons. i.e. Canarians.

Quote from: Janet on Sun 23 Feb 2014, 18:39
Agreed. I was treated with utter contempt in that store, and resolved never to return under any circumstances.

That is because the native English speaking staff, to whit, one guy from England, is a complete c**t. 

The Dutch and German ladies are fine, and the previously employed Indian guy was brilliant. 

The problem is you get pigeon-holed as an English speaker and  have to deal with aforesaid c**t. 

Complain to the Canarian staff and they respond - so much so that I have a chest freezer when I was convinced they did not want to sell me one, all courtesy of that English c**t.