News:

We have undergone a major upgrade. Please see post in the Announcements board for more details.

Main Menu

Movistar VDSL

Started by Myrtle Hogan-Lance, Wed 19 Feb 2014, 14:30

Previous topic - Next topic

Myrtle Hogan-Lance

Anybody have any experience with VDSL from Movistar?

We know it is installed by some neighbours who are happy with it, according to the guy who fixed our telephone the last time.  He thinks it is a great service. 

Certainly we cannot complain about our ADSL.  With VDSL we can get 30Mb (download) and 1Mb (upload).  Other than speed, it has identical features to our present service.  And it will cost 5€ more.

What could possibly go wrong?

Guanche

QuoteWhat could possibly go wrong?

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Delderek

Quote from: Myrtle Hogan-Lance on Wed 19 Feb 2014, 14:30
Anybody have any experience with VDSL from Movistar?

We know it is installed by some neighbours who are happy with it, according to the guy who fixed our telephone the last time.  He thinks it is a great service. 

Certainly we cannot complain about our ADSL.  With VDSL we can get 30Mb (download) and 1Mb (upload).  Other than speed, it has identical features to our present service.  And it will cost 5€ more.

What could possibly go wrong?

I must be behind times, I didn't think fibre networks were available in the South yet. If they are and only an extra 5 euros, its gotta be a good deal. Something a bit strange though.  30 down and only 1 up. That is weird.

Myrtle Hogan-Lance

Quote from: Delderek on Wed 19 Feb 2014, 20:24
I must be behind times, I didn't think fibre networks were available in the South yet. If they are and only an extra 5 euros, its gotta be a good deal. Something a bit strange though.  30 down and only 1 up. That is weird.

That's MOVISTAR!!

Nova

Please keep us informed Myrtle.  I shall be following the rant thread for updates  :D
If you are always trying to be normal, you will never know amazing.

—————
My other website: verygomez.com
Instagram: novahowardofficial

Myrtle Hogan-Lance

Right, so I forgot to say I placed the order online (check!), got a phone call confirming details (check - although the woman told me it would be more expensive than online and I intend to fight that battle once I get a bill and see what they've messed up), got a confirmation email (check!).

A minute ago the bell rang and the technician who fixed our phone the last time and who installed the VDSL at the neighbours' house came to confirm I had placed the order and he'll be coming Weds afternoon to do the installation.  Hope I won't be offline for too long.  If I don't report in by 5 or 6, assume the worst!

Nova

It'll be fine Myrtle, what could possibly go wrong...?  :-X :D

:fingerscrossed2:
If you are always trying to be normal, you will never know amazing.

—————
My other website: verygomez.com
Instagram: novahowardofficial

Myrtle Hogan-Lance

He's been, he's gone, he was on time, I've seen the speed tests live and we are on VDSL!  WAHOO!!!!

Janet

Myrtle Hogan-Lance

Forgot to say that he claims the fibre will be run to Guía later on this year.  That's contrary to Minesadorada's info so I thought I should report it.  As usual we will believe it when we see it.