News:

We have undergone a major upgrade. Please see post in the Announcements board for more details.

Main Menu

Group of walkers rescued after trying to climb Teide

Started by Janet, Sat 15 Feb 2014, 19:31

Previous topic - Next topic

Janet

A group of eight walkers has had to be rescued from Montaña Blanca in Las Cañadas after retreating from the refuge Alta Vista after attempting to climb Teide. One of them, a young Chinese woman from Madrid, was on the point of being taken to hospital with severe hypothermiasido but said she felt better and the transfer was aborted. The group was rescued by the Guardia Civil's Mountain Rescue Unit and the Canarian Government's Search and Rescue team. JA

Nova

Don't these people read the weather warnings before they go out??
If you are always trying to be normal, you will never know amazing.

—————
My other website: verygomez.com
Instagram: novahowardofficial

Myrtle Hogan-Lance

Can't they bill them for the rescue?

One time when I climbed to the tippy tippy top of Teide from the top cable car station, there were a load of Chinese girls coming down in platform shoes.  Un-fucking-believable. 

Ditto Nova's question, and how the hell did they get up there to start with to embark on such a daft endeavour?

Michael

[countdown=01,06,2021,13,30][/countdown] until I return to Tenerife! :toothygrin:

Myrtle Hogan-Lance

Janet

Yes. Not as many as I myself would think should be billed, but half a dozen or so, in Tenerife anyway.

Perikles

Quote from: Janet on Sat 15 Feb 2014, 22:08
Yes. Not as many as I myself would think should be billed, but half a dozen or so, in Tenerife anyway.

The German cretin who got lost several times last summer has been billed for at least some of his disasters, according to his ex-wife. She was laughing when she told me.