News:

We have undergone a major upgrade. Please see post in the Announcements board for more details.

Main Menu

Los Cristianos estate agent Paul Lennox attacked and robbed at home in Adeje.

Started by Janet, Wed 12 Feb 2014, 15:43

Previous topic - Next topic

Janet

Over the last few days there have been various news reports concerning a violent attack and robbery on a British "businessman ", or "estate agent". Some have been vague, others have been wildly exaggerated, and yet others simply wrong. Now, I can report, sadly, that Los Cristianos estate agent Paul Lennox was the victim of an aggravated burglary around 9.15pm last Saturday evening whilst at home.

At the time, he was alone in his house near the Otelo restaurant at the top of Adeje, since his wife was in the UK, something he says is a blessing. He was surprised, in his own words, by "four heavy thugs who beat me unconcious, taped my mouth and hands and then robbed me". He was on the terrace when he became aware of his four assailants, wearing tracksuit tops with hoods up and zipped up to cover their mouths. He ran into the kitchen and barred the door but almost immediately the living room's patio window was shattered by a garden ornament, thrown at it with force. Paul was beaten and tied, as he has described, and the next thing he was aware of was his neighbour undoing his bindings, and calling the police on his behalf.

The Guardia Civil is investigating this violent robbery with intimidation, which Paul is at a loss to explain, not least because the only item stolen was a Rolex watch he had been wearing, and which is worth €4,000 (not the €50,000 reported). Despite the presence of other valuable items in the house, nothing was removed, though the men did rummage through wardrobes, apparently seeking a safe. Although Paul himself caught barely a fleeting glimpse of eyes and noses before losing consciousness, three of the four were seen by neighbours the previous day dawdling near the house; they were also heard speaking and it appears that they are Canarians.

Paul is still recovering from the injuries they dealt his face, head and arms, which were initially treated at Adeje health centre, and then in Hospitén Sur. It must have been a terrifying ordeal, and I am sure that many in the British community here will wish him a full and speedy recovery – psychologically as well as physically. JA

Myrtle Hogan-Lance

Poor man; hope he makes a full recovery physically and mentally.

Our resident sleuths will no doubt offer their opinions.  Mine is that this was a disgruntled or jealous former employee or person who served this man in some capacity (waiter, on a till etc) who decided they would have his Rolex. 

Scumbags.

Nova

It seems very strange.  The old adage about might as well be hanged for a sheep as a lamb would usually invite the perpetrators of aggravated break-in to steal whatever the hell they can while they're at it, since the violence is usually the greater crime.  Which makes me wonder whether the aim of these thugs really was just to terrorise their victim  :undecided:
If you are always trying to be normal, you will never know amazing.

—————
My other website: verygomez.com
Instagram: novahowardofficial