Russian swimming team in Tenerife to train for 2016 Rio de Janeiro Olympics

Started by Janet, Fri 7 Feb 2014, 17:16

Previous topic - Next topic

Janet

The Tenerife Cabildo says that it is delighted that the island's increasing reputation as an international top level training venue has been consolidated by the presence here over the last fortnight of the Russian swimming team, already in preparation for the 2016 Rio Olympics. The team of sixty swimmers, many of them medallists in the world championships in Dubai and other European competitions, is based at Tenerife Top Training in the Costa Adeje (HERE's a link to TTT's site), where the swimmers will be continuing their concentrated training until 14 February. JA

Guanche

Good news indeed. The cyclist will soon be here doing their winter training for the 'Tours' All good stuff.

Perikles

Quote from: Guanche on Fri  7 Feb 2014, 17:51
Good news indeed. The cyclist will soon be here doing their winter training for the 'Tours' All good stuff.

No it bloody isn't. There are enough bloody bicycles on these bloody roads. Mind you, these cyclists might well be faster than my car or my motorbike.  :giggle:

Michael

[countdown=01,06,2021,13,30][/countdown] until I return to Tenerife! :toothygrin:

Janet

sounds like a tour of Italy ... in Norn Iron ... hmmm ...  :017:

Michael

[countdown=01,06,2021,13,30][/countdown] until I return to Tenerife! :toothygrin:

Perikles

They have been coming here for years

[attachimg=1]

El Profesor

Quote from: Janet on Fri  7 Feb 2014, 17:16

The Tenerife Cabildo says that it is delighted that the island's increasing reputation as an international top level training venue has been consolidated by the presence here over the last fortnight of the Russian swimming team, already in preparation for the 2016 Rio Olympics. The team of sixty swimmers, many of them medallists in the world championships in Dubai and other European competitions, is based at Tenerife Top Training in the Costa Adeje (HERE's a link to TTT's site), where the swimmers will be continuing their concentrated training until 14 February. JA
I saw the Japanese olympic swimming team there, training for the 2012 olympics. That was the year the hills burned.

That place is a serious asset to the island . . . . . state of the art everything. It attracts all sorts of international sports personalities, tennis players, premier league football clubs (although they lack a pitch with real grass) etc.
It is available for our use too, my kids used to do summer sports camps there when they were littler.

TTT and Siam Park are the sorts of investment that take us into the future.

Myrtle Hogan-Lance

Quote from: Prof on Sat  8 Feb 2014, 14:41
I saw the Japanese olympic swimming team there, training for the 2012 olympics. That was the year the hills burned.

That place is a serious asset to the island . . . . . state of the art everything. It attracts all sorts of international sports personalities, tennis players, premier league football clubs (although they lack a pitch with real grass) etc.
It is available for our use too, my kids used to do summer sports camps there when they were littler.

TTT and Siam Park are the sorts of investment that take us into the future.

My team Bradford City trained there last year.