News:

We have undergone a major upgrade. Please see post in the Announcements board for more details.

Main Menu

Snow trips to Teide this weekend

Started by Janet, Fri 10 Jan 2014, 18:39

Previous topic - Next topic

Janet

The Cabildo has activated Operativo Nevadas so that the public can go up Teide this weekend in safety ... and so that they don't interfere with the ongoing search for missing athlete Victor Teni. From the south, the public may use the Chio or Granadilla-Vilaflor routes (TF-21 Boca Tauce-Chio & Vilaflor) and must descend via La Orotava. The TF-24 La Esperanza remains closed for roadworks. Police will be present to ensure the Operativo Nevadas is adhered to.

Titsa has announced that it is putting a special snow service on this weekend. Buses numbered #342 will depart from the Costa Adeje terminal on Saturday 12th and Sunday 13th with the drop off and pick up at the Parador, The service is being run within the Cabildo's Operativo Nevadas. Times for the buses are:

Costa Adeje – which will also stop for passengers at los Cristianos:

9:15
10:15
11:15
Return from the Parador:

15:30
16:30
17:00

JA

Perikles

Quote from: Janet on Fri 10 Jan 2014, 18:39From the south, the public may use the Chio or Granadilla-Vilaflor routes (TF-21 Boca Tauce-Chio & Vilaflor) and must descend via La Orotava.

Here we go again, not your fault but this is confusing. Does this mean yet again that cars can ascend via Chio, but only return via La Oratava? What about people living in Vilaflor who want to go to Los Cristianos? And the bus service back to Los Cris? Will the bus be the only vehicle going down that road?

Janet

Yes, I know :scowl:

Update: From the south, the public may use the Chio or Granadilla-Vilaflor routes (TF-21 Boca Tauce-Chio & Vilaflor); once past the Teleférico, traffic must descend via La Orotava. The TF-24 La Esperanza remains closed for roadworks.

So, it's fine to the Teleférico up and down, and buses only go as far as the Parador.

Myrtle Hogan-Lance

Sorry guys but I am still confused.  What about people who want to ascend from Chio and descend via the same route?  (I live here and cannot  remember the route numbers.)  We would descend towards Chio, having no plans to go anywhere near el teleférico.

Nova

So you go up the Chio road as far as you like as long as you turn back before the teleferico, turn back and go down the same way. The point of no return is the teleferico because once past there you have to drop down via La Orotava, but it sounds like you could even turn round at the Parador and return the way you came  :tiphat:
If you are always trying to be normal, you will never know amazing.

—————
My other website: verygomez.com
Instagram: novahowardofficial

Janet

poker

I will stay dow here , seen snow enouf in the US .:))

Janet

Due to the rapid thaw and the scarcity of snow in the caldera, the Cabildo has deactivated Operativo Nevadas as of 3pm. Traffic can now use routes normally.

Janet

Titsa has announced that since the access roads are again operating normally, it is suspending its snow service tomorrow. The Cabildo has reiterated that although access roads are open, the TF24 La Esperanza road remains closed for roadworks.