News:

We have undergone a major upgrade. Please see post in the Announcements board for more details.

Main Menu

Mass electricity “switch-off” at 6pm tonight: will you take part to send a message about price?

Started by Janet, Mon 30 Dec 2013, 11:02

Previous topic - Next topic

Delderek

Quote from: Nova on Mon 30 Dec 2013, 17:56
Ok, I'm switched off - I've just pulled the master trip switch in the hall  :tiphat:

If I was over on the rock Nova, I would look after you in the dark .....Oops am I doing it again :hug:

:-[ :whistle:

Nova

If you are always trying to be normal, you will never know amazing.

—————
My other website: verygomez.com
Instagram: novahowardofficial

Janet

we could have run on battery ... but the router doesn't work if the electricity is off. We're back on now and all normal ...

Delderek

Now all you people that are protesting about an increase. How many of you know, without running to look at your bill, what price you pay for 1 unit of electricity. I suspect not many. :whistle:

Janet

I had no idea but asked Perikles who said he thought it was 14 cents. He's just been to check a bill, and it's 14.6 cents  :clap:

Myrtle Hogan-Lance

OH keeps track.  That's how we know how much the resistor in the solar heater costs to run.  Yes, that one.

Delderek

Quote from: Myrtle Hogan-Lance on Mon 30 Dec 2013, 20:02
OH keeps track.  That's how we know how much the resistor in the solar heater costs to run.  Yes, that one.

But you were going to protest, and you didn't even know how much you were paying. :03:

Myrtle Hogan-Lance

No, I wasn't.  I did not even hear about the protest until nearly 40 minutes into it when Perikles phoned to find out if we had power.  OH keeps track so we know exactly how much we are spending.  We need to to figure out the savings - less spent on gas but how much more spent on electricity - of the solar water heater.

Janet

I didn't know either, not to the unit, but I know our bills are high for what we use, and that they've doubled in the last few years ... and that the electricity company wanted to hike them 11% in one go ... and that although the government said no, their 2.3% is only for the first quarter, and then we're thrown to the wolves with monthly rises ... probably ...

edit: ... and because they're cheating bastards ... just come across THIS in the last minute! "Special offers" that push your bill up 16% .... FFS ...  :gonnagetit:

Delderek

Your unit price is not that much different to what I pay, which is 13.1p. but presumably you guys would use a lot less than us.