News:

We have undergone a major upgrade. Please see post in the Announcements board for more details.

Main Menu

Annual ice rink as part of children's Christmas Fair in recinto ferial in Santa Cruz from Frida

Started by Janet, Tue 17 Dec 2013, 13:53

Previous topic - Next topic

Janet

I began to think it wasn't going to happen this year but it is ... there will be an ice rink in Santa Cruz between this Friday, 20 December and 7 January. The Tenerife Cabildo has announced that the rink will be located in the Parque Infantil y Juvenil de Tenerife, PIT, in the Centro Internacional de Ferias y Congresos on the left on the motorway spur and main road down towards the Santa Cruz auditorium.

Apart from the 600 square metre ice rink, the PIT – whose theme this year is the world of stories - will have nearly 40 attractions in all for children and young people, including the largest indoor roller coaster. Opening times will be 10am and 8pm, apart from restricted times (not announced) on Christmas and New Year's Eve, and on 1 and 5 January. It will be closed on 6 January.

The formal presentation ceremony took place earlier today, and among those present were the vicepresidente económico y consejero insular de Desarrollo Económico, Comercio y Empleo, Efraín Medina; CaixaBank area director, Lourdes Pérez; the director of the Centro Internacional de Ferias y Congresos, Ricardo Palacios; and head of the recinto ferial itself, Ignacio Pintado. Sr Medina said that the feria would generate over 250 jobs  and that they hoped even more people would attend this year than last, when just short of 50,000 passed through the doors.

I think that the ice rink might help that happen! JA
One must have sunshine, freedom and flowers. Hans Christian Andersen

Janet

They have always been in previous years when the rink was outdoors in Plaza de España, so I would think so, yes.

Myrtle Hogan-Lance

Yea, I want to go skating and specifically want to go skating with The Penguin, so named because of the way he carries himself on the ice.  Nothing funnier than a South African who doesn't know how to ice skate.

Janet

Confirmation HERE that it's for all the family ...  :Woot_Emoticon:

edit:

Opening times will be 10am to 8pm, apart from restricted times on 20 December, Christmas Day and New Year's Day (3-8pm); Christmas and New Year's Eves and 5 January (10am-3pm). It will be closed on 6 January. Tickets can be bought online HERE or at the box office, and cost €8 (free for pensioners and children under two years old). For all other information, please see the PIT's website HERE.

Janet

The Cabildo has said that the Children's Fair has seen 7,834 people pass through its doors in just the first week, a rise of 30.5% over last year's visitors. Clearly, the ice rink has made all the difference this year, and it, together with the roller coaster and the "house of fear" are the biggest attractions among visitors. The fair will be open until 7 January. JA