News:

We are back!!  Please see my post in the Announcements board for more details.

Main Menu

Tenerife Weather

Started by Nova, Thu 5 Apr 2012, 13:24

Previous topic - Next topic

Myrtle Hogan-Lance

Should I say "oh go get stuck in a lift" or should I be nice?

I'll be nice!!!!!!!!!! :toothygrin: :toothygrin: :toothygrin: :toothygrin: :toothygrin:

Nova

Bloody hell, it's an actual sandstorm out there!!!  I opened the patio door a crack to rescue the pool noodle off the balcony and got hit with a face full of sand!!!  Shit!

I can hear things being blown about on the terraces around me. It's really quite scary!!
If you are always trying to be normal, you will never know amazing.

—————
My other website: verygomez.com
Instagram: novahowardofficial

TOTO 99

Quote from: Nova on Sun 23 Feb 2020, 00:03
Bloody hell, it's an actual sandstorm out there!!!  I opened the patio door a crack to rescue the pool noodle off the balcony and got hit with a face full of sand!!!  Shit!

I can hear things being blown about on the terraces around me. It's really quite scary!!

I following it on Twitter for a while. Lots of flights being divertrd, and Gran Canaria airport was closed for a while.  I've never known it happen before.  Like something out of a horror film.

https://twitter.com/i/status/1231274812623982592

macdonald5

Yes I've been watching it too......both airports closed last night ,saw one diverted to Lisbon
Scary looking there....stay safe  @Nova and all there x

lynno52

It is scary. We have sunbeds upended and piled up by the wind around the pool and I've got half of the Sahara on my balcony. The windows are rattling.  It was 27 degrees at 7am. Can't put blinds out so apartment hot .   :whirlwind:

Nova

From my terrace right now. I wish those fucking cactuses would blow off  ::)

[attach=1]

—————

lynno52

Same here in Los Cristianos.    :cry: :cry:

Neither of our pool bars have opened .  May have to miss wine o'clock cos don't want to venture out really.  :smileys-cheers-222480:

Nova

This is getting really quite scary now!  All airports in Canarias are now closed. Nothing going in or out and incoming flights are being diverted to Morocco, Madeira, Cape Verde and mainland Spain.

Schools are closed tomorrow and we're on alert for red rain as clouds above the layer of dusty air begin to precipitate.  The second wave of calima hit about 4pm today with double the dust concentration of the first wave. I'm not leaving my apartment until this is over....

Nice pictures of Montaña Roja or Red Rock, same shot taken between yesterday and now. It's horrifying!

[attach=1]

—————

Malteser Monkey

Quote from: Nova on Sun 23 Feb 2020, 17:49
This is getting really quite scary now!  All airports in Canarias are now closed. Nothing going in or out and incoming flights are being diverted to Morocco, Madeira, Cape Verde and mainland Spain.

Schools are closed tomorrow and we're on alert for red rain as clouds above the layer of dusty air begin to precipitate.  The second wave of calima hit about 4pm today with double the dust concentration of the first wave. I'm not leaving my apartment until this is over....

Nice pictures of Montaña Roja or Red Rock, same shot taken between yesterday and now. It's horrifying!

[attach=1]

That's incredible  not seen a calima that bad

They're horrible to experience

macdonald5

I certainly have never known as bad a calima !!!
Tenerife certainly having problems at now, extreme weather, fires and now Coronavirus confirmed...H10 Costa Adeje hotel in quarantine....10000 confined to rooms ......difficult times there
Keep safe everyone