Tenerife Weather

Started by Nova, Thu 5 Apr 2012, 13:24

Previous topic - Next topic

Janet

A cold snap is coming our way, Amet has forecast, for the whole of next week. And with it should come some unstable weather, and even some locally-heavy downpours in some parts. Again, the north is most likely to be affected, at least by the rain, but we should all feel the temperatures start to fall from this weekend. Could we see some real snow this winter, rather than ice or hail, on Teide after all?
One must have sunshine, freedom and flowers. Hans Christian Andersen

Marion

That's not good enough for my first week back!!
"I don't want to get to the end of my life and find that I lived just the length of it. I want to have lived the width of it as well."

- Diane Ackerman

Myrtle Hogan-Lance

It's still not bad Marion.  The light on the cliffs is beautiful.  There are people at the pool.  Okay, they may be from Siberia, but it's not that bad.

Michael

Quote from: Marion on Sat 13 Jan 2018, 09:58
That's not good enough for my first week back!!

Bring your cardy!  :D
[countdown=01,06,2021,13,30][/countdown] until I return to Tenerife! :toothygrin:

macdonald5

Not been too bad at Puerto Colon this past month, much improved from last December/ January !!
Some afternoons it clouds over but still decent , evenings can get bit chilly so cardi or wrap needed
Much, much better than Scottish December/ January by miles !!

Janet

And with the cold snap and northerly winds comes the yellow alert for rough seas from Tuesday. The alert is just for the north but there will be heavy swell and strong currents around the whole of Tenerife. Just take care near the coast!

[attachimg=1]

TOTO 99

It's Sunday.

It's always cloudy on a Sunday.. :banghead:

Hepa

Almost 1/2 inch of wet stuff fell in the night, here on the Isla Meridiano, good for the garden, no need to water.

Myrtle Hogan-Lance

Big big waves near Los Gigantes.

Janet

four days ago I posted "lovely misty weather in the mountains this afternoon!" ... this afternoon we can't even see the mountains! We can barely see beyond the end of our garden! :D

think the weather front's arrived!!

[attachimg=1]