ChalkCat uses cookies in order to function correctly.
To find out more about these cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept cookies from ChalkCat click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Tenerife Weather

Offline Nova

• Forum Geek
  • Say something nice!
Re: Tenerife Weather
« Reply #1850 on: Wed 31 May 2017, 13:25 »
Yep, dull, humid and horribly warm...
If you are always trying to be normal, you will never know amazing.

—————
My other website: verygomez.com
Instagram: novahowardofficial

Offline Janet

« Reply #1851 on: Sat 3 Jun 2017, 10:25 »
seems as calm as anything at the moment but Aemet's issued a yellow alert for costeros tomorrow.

From my site:

The alert covers the whole of south Tenerife, including the east and west coasts, where very rough seas are forecast. Have a look HERE for advice on staying safe in the sea here and, particularly with an alert in place, the various safety flags that fly on the beaches here to advise the public.
One must have sunshine, freedom and flowers. Hans Christian Andersen

Offline Janet

« Reply #1852 on: Mon 5 Jun 2017, 17:11 »
Apart from expecting rough seas this weekend, we are also going to have the usual temperatures associated with the beginning of full summer, and so the Canarian Government's Health Department has just put in place its summer heatwave protocol, the Plan de Actuaciones Preventivas de los Efectos del Exceso de Temperaturas sobre la Salud. This preventative action plan introduces measures to counter the effects of heat throughout the summer, and specifies and coordinates regional, insular and local government measures where public health is at risk.

Sanidad's protocol also sets up the system of alerts used by authorities and meteorological agencies. It sees Level 1 being a yellow alert for temperatures over 32º for no more than a couple of days. Level two is an orange alert for 3 to 4 days of high temperatures, and red is used for level 3 if a heatwave goes beyond 5 days.

Once again, the health department reminds the public that in the very hot weather the Canaries gets in summer months, the elderly, children and those with chronic illnesses are most at risk. The summer protocol will see the entire health system, from government to health centres on notice to deal with the consequences of elevated temperatures. Please also have a look HERE for detailed advice for staying safe in the heat here.

Offline Janet

« Reply #1853 on: Mon 19 Jun 2017, 11:44 »
Earlier this month the Canarian Government’s Health Department put in place its summer heatwave protocol, the Plan de Actuaciones Preventivas de los Efectos del Exceso de Temperaturas sobre la Salud, and now there is a website to go with the protocol, veranosaludable.org, “healthy summer”. It’s full of advice about how to stay healthy in very high temperatures, healthy eating, sun protection, and how to deal with the usual hazards of summer in a holiday environment such as jellyfish stings, insect bites etc. I’ve set it to English so hopefully it will be accessible to everyone.

Offline Janet

« Reply #1854 on: Mon 19 Jun 2017, 14:51 »
just posted this on my site ...

The mainland has been experiencing some extremely high temperatures for June, and indeed Portugal is fighting the worst forest fire in its history where over 60 have died in the last week from its effects, but here in the Canaries it's been really pleasant early summer weather. That's likely to change later this week when the hot air that's been going north from Africa to cause those conditions in the Iberian peninsula will billow out westwards to us.

We should start to see temperatures rise over the next couple of days and then feel the real effects of the heatwave on Thursday, especially in the medianías and south of Tenerife. It should be a hot weekend, with all those bonfires for San Juan's Night blazing as well! Please do have a look at Sanidad's summer health website that I posted this morning, and also for official advice on staying safe in Tenerife's heatwaves HERE.

Offline Janet

« Reply #1855 on: Tue 20 Jun 2017, 17:45 »
@Myrtle Hogan-Lance @Michael think this covers all three of us for Thursday ... maximum temps up 8-10º on today they say ...

... greater increase up in the medianías ... ¿cómo no?  ::)

(click to enlarge)
10106-0

Offline Myrtle Hogan-Lance

• Forum Turtle
« Reply #1856 on: Tue 20 Jun 2017, 20:39 »
OMG do you believe it could be hotter than.....LONDON?????

It's been about 28 here all day.  Will be interesting to see if it really really gets that hot tomorrow. 

Offline Janet

« Reply #1857 on: Thu 22 Jun 2017, 15:03 »
I fucking hate fucking wind blowing a fucking gale ... and when it's a fucking hot wind full of fucking dust I fucking hate it all the fucking more ...

:windy:

Offline Perikles

• Grammar Police
  • cacoēthes fodiendī
« Reply #1858 on: Thu 22 Jun 2017, 15:06 »
... and that's from somebody who hasn't even been outside today.

I've been on a fairly long walk up the hill. (do we have a "smug" smiley?)  :bigtongue:
Джереми. Prurio ergo sum
κατθάνοισα δὲ κείσῃ οὐδέ ποτα μναμοσύνα σέθεν ἔσσετ' οὐδὲ †ποκ'†ὔστερον• οὐ γὰρ πεδέχῃς βρόδων τῶν ἐκ Πιερίας•

Offline Nova

• Forum Geek
  • Say something nice!
« Reply #1859 on: Thu 22 Jun 2017, 15:06 »
Is it a bit windy up there then?  :giggle:  it's windy down here too. I've had to wind my toldo in but I haven't had to close the windows yet.
If you are always trying to be normal, you will never know amazing.

—————
My other website: verygomez.com
Instagram: novahowardofficial