Woman dies while paragliding in Ifonche

Started by Janet, Tue 12 Nov 2013, 18:04

Previous topic - Next topic

Janet

A woman died this afternoon after falling while paragliding in the Ifonche area. More details will be released later, no doubt, but the tragedy happened just before 1pm. A search and rescue helicopter was needed to recover the poor woman's body, and transfer her to the Adeje helipad where the judicial authorities took charge of the case. JA

Janet

There is some confusion over the woman's identity this morning, but it seems clear that she was either British or Irish. She has been confirmed as 53 years old, but her identity is still withheld. She appears to have been an experienced hang-glider and was flying solo, from Ifonche. JA

Michael

Just watching those guys scares the shit out of me.  ::)
[countdown=01,06,2021,13,30][/countdown] until I return to Tenerife! :toothygrin:

Janet

Only on Saturday Jeremy and I were driving down the TF1 and saw a near accident with a paraglider nearly getting caught in the street lights along the motorway (it was that low!) near Hipertrebol. We said at the time, how long until there's a fatality. Answer ... three days!

Janet

The Daily Express has said she is Carolyn Dewdney from Cheltenham, and claims she is thought to have suffered a heart attack while gliding.

:link: