Mercadona Online

Started by Nova, Sat 26 Oct 2013, 14:04

Previous topic - Next topic

Nova

Half an hour ago I received my shopping from Mercadona delivered to my door and I'm super-impressed!  I ordered my shop from their website on Thursday for delivery today between 12 and 2pm, paid online with my credit card and even went back to modify my order a couple of hours later when I remembered some more things I needed.

It was delivered well within the scheduled time, very efficiently, chilled things chilled, and since I'd already paid, the chap just unloaded his trolley at my apartment door and that was it.  I'm always nervous about letting others choose my veg but even that wasn't an issue as they've picked me the nice stuff.

At 7 euros for delivery, no hunting for a parking space, no fighting through the crowds and no lugging heavy bags, it isn't worth faffing about doing the shopping myself.  So I thought I'd post and say nice one, Mercadona!  I'll definitely be doing that again!  :clap:

Just need Iceland to get with the times now then I won't need to leave the house at all  ;)
If you are always trying to be normal, you will never know amazing.

—————
My other website: verygomez.com
Instagram: novahowardofficial

Michael

Oh if only I could persuade SWMBO to shop online.  ::) But she likes to get out of the house for a couple of hours bless her.

[countdown=01,06,2021,13,30][/countdown] until I return to Tenerife! :toothygrin:

Janet

I really wish they'd deliver up to us ... we're a bit too far out, it seems ... :unsure:

Nova

Have you asked them recently?  It might have changed  :undecided:

—————

Janet

a few months ago, not very recently, but they said there were no plans ... :scowl:

Nova

—————

El Profesor

Quote from: Nova on Sat 26 Oct 2013, 14:04
I'm always nervous about letting others choose my veg but even that wasn't an issue as they've picked me the nice stuff.

Good God! You buy vegetables in Mercadona??????????????

I thought you were a vegetarian?

Nova

I'm poorly, innit?  Can't leave the 'ouse  :tiphat:

And I was put off buying veg in the village shops when my favourite veg shop (which has since closed and changed hands) started stacking raw meat, uncovered, with the cucumbers   :sign0137:  The new owners seem to be doing a much better job, but it still means a trip out which I'm not fit to do.

—————

Myrtle Hogan-Lance

I do miss Ocado.  I really hate shopping in person.  Might try Mercadona; I registered with them a few years ago but haven't used them to date. 

poker

For vegitables its still the best going to a local farmersmarket I find.
We dont go enouf also I admit , sertainly now with the baby its more difficult .

I started growing my own lettuce now in pots , got some seeds of ebay and sew every week a few to get a steady flow of lettuce in future  . My first few should be eatable by end November if all goes to plan .