The Leroy Merlin thread

Started by Myrtle Hogan-Lance, Mon 30 Sep 2013, 18:02

Previous topic - Next topic

Myrtle Hogan-Lance

The heat is on.

Agrocanarias delivered the reinforced UPVC tubes, 45s (degree angles) and codos (90 degree angles) and brackets.  I have started painting the UPVC while OH has been drilling holes and putting the brackets on the side of the house. 

Leroy Merlin phoned a while ago to confirm they will deliver and install starting around 10.00 on Monday.  They expect to do it over Monday and Tuesday. 

Have to phone the fontanero tomorrow morning to tell him he absolutely has to be here Saturday morning.  Of course this means the tube has to be installed by the time he gets here. 

Drop dead time to be ready for Leroy Merlin is 10.00 Monday.

What could possibly go wrong? 

Nova

If you are always trying to be normal, you will never know amazing.

—————
My other website: verygomez.com
Instagram: novahowardofficial

Perikles

Quote from: Myrtle Hogan-Lance on Thu 24 Oct 2013, 17:38What could possibly go wrong?

You are of course aware of the strictly monitored law in Guia de Isora that insertion of tubes is illegal on Fridays.  :tiphat:

Myrtle Hogan-Lance

It is difficult painting tubes when your Staffie wants to sit in the way, stretch between them and fart at you as you attempt to paint.

It is disastrous when your OH drills through a water pipe trying to make the hole for everything which has to go from inside up to the roof, and you have to turn off all the water to the house, and the plumber wont' be here til 0830 tomorrow.

It is aggravating to have two excited SBTs jumping around getting in the way as you are trying to see if there is any way you can turn on partial water, whether pipes are connected in ways you don't know and so forth as you have to rush around quickly because of the leak. 

I don't suppose you will be hearing much from me today.

Janet

oh no!  :undecided: If you need water, hot or cold or drinking, whatever, you know where we are ...

Myrtle Hogan-Lance

The fontanero was here at 0830, left at 1300, returned at 1500 and left at 1730.  The plumbing is ready!  (And we have the added bonus of running water and hot water.) 

Sadly the fontanero does not think I have a future in painting and thought the way I painted the tubos was a bit pathetic. 

OH now has to do the electrical cabling and mark the position of the placa and we'll be ready for Monday. 

Fingers crossed. 

Myrtle Hogan-Lance

Both the installers and the Junkers people said they would arrive this morning between 0930 and 1030.

The Junkers guy rang the bell at 0925 and all of the Junkers equipment is in the courtyard. 

We await the installers and grua.

Myrtle Hogan-Lance

Installers and grua showed up just after 1130.

The tank on its way to the roof.

[attach=1]

The placas on their way up.

[attach=2]

While they were at it we asked for a favour and here is the little barrel on its way down

[attach=3]

and the big barrel on its way up.

[attach=4]

The big barrel which we use as a table wouldn't fit through the doorway so this was the first opportunity to get it upstairs.  It goes better with the tall chairs we have up there, and the little barrel goes better with the normal height chairs in the courtyard.

So the installation continues.....

Myrtle Hogan-Lance

Hands up anybody who didn't see this one coming:  there are parts missing from the supporting frame!  They really do need to be there as designed.  The technician is pursuing it via his boss and I am pursuing it via Ana at Leroy Merlin. 

Now we sits and we waits.