News:

We have undergone a major upgrade. Please see post in the Announcements board for more details.

Main Menu

The Leroy Merlin thread

Started by Myrtle Hogan-Lance, Mon 30 Sep 2013, 18:02

Previous topic - Next topic

Myrtle Hogan-Lance

NEWS FLASH!

The contractor phoned me a few minutes after Ana, and said he could be here between 4.30 and 5.00, and he was true to his word.  He's just gone after having a very thorough discussion and inspection.  He did say that Leroy Merlin was "very angry" about their not providing the quote thus far.  So, it's off to Juan's boss to do the quote and I have to get on to our plumber for the things he has to do. 

Fingers crossed, looks like we are set to make more progress. 

Guanche

I suspect Ana was the first one from LM to contact the contractor. They risk loosing the LM contract and no doubt a lot of money. This is what happened to us on one occasion. The contractor fired one of the drivers while we were still in the store talking to the duty manager! The contractor then had to pay the value of the items they had damaged over €700. It was that or lose the contract.

Myrtle Hogan-Lance

Yup Guanche, think you are on track.  The guy who came left and came back and rang the bell twice for things he had forgotten.  Clearly thinking and clearly mitigating damage.  He was a good guy so we hope the rest goes as well.

Myrtle Hogan-Lance

Just wanted to mention that Ana has taken complete charge and we have the quote and I am hoping to have a hot shower soon. 

Janet

It seems that you just have to get up the chain a bit before things work, whether dealing with shop floor workers or contractors. And of course repeated complaining helps to get up that chain.

Like so much else here, they need to review their practices. but have a captive audience so little incentive ...

Perikles

Quote from: Myrtle Hogan-Lance on Sat 12 Oct 2013, 09:02
Just wanted to mention that Ana has taken complete charge and we have the quote and I am hoping to have a hot shower soon.

From your experience above, and ours with the heater, I have this image of LM as a small group of angry energetic women with whips, trying to goad the reluctant male employees into actually doing something for their wages.

Let me know when you've recovered from the 'flu AND had a shower, and I might drop by.  ;)

Delderek

Quote from: Perikles on Sun 13 Oct 2013, 12:06
From your experience above, and ours with the heater, I have this image of LM as a small group of angry energetic women with whips, trying to goad the reluctant male employees into actually doing something for their wages.

Let me know when you've recovered from the 'flu AND had a shower, and I might drop by;)

That's gonna make her feel a whole lot better :whistle:

Myrtle Hogan-Lance

Quote from: Delderek on Sun 13 Oct 2013, 17:07
That's gonna make her feel a whole lot better :whistle:

I figure I can string this one out for a while!   :giggle:

Myrtle Hogan-Lance

Fontanero coming in the morning to see what we need him to do.  OH going back to Goyo's in the afternoon as the piping he needs is supposed to be in.  Paying for the system organised.  Placing the order is getting closer as is the prospect of a hot shower. 

I am not obsessed with hot showers but the lukewarm ones are wearing thin. 

Myrtle Hogan-Lance

The fontanero dropped by at my request so OH could clear positioning of a hole and electrical cable with him, for 5 minutes.  Well, an hour later he's just gone and the tube OH bought to go up the side of the house and house the water pipes, electrical cable and other cables is a no go.  It will crack and have to be replaced in 2 years.  So we're off in a mo to go buy reinforced UPVC which of course still has to be painted and installed by Saturday when the fontanero comes to do his thing in preparation for Leroy Merlin delivering and planning to install the solar water heater on Monday. 

What could possibly go wrong?

OH may well have to buy me a beer on the seafront after this trip.