News:

We have undergone a major upgrade. Please see post in the Announcements board for more details.

Main Menu

Cert. de Empadronamiento para viajar required from 1 September for resident travel discount

Started by aspasia, Fri 30 Mar 2012, 18:36

Previous topic - Next topic

Nova

It's good to see they've opted for a nice simple option that will create minimal chaos and avoid any additional overheads  :whistle:

This lot are bonkers   :loopy:  :poke:  :-X
If you are always trying to be normal, you will never know amazing.

—————
My other website: verygomez.com
Instagram: novahowardofficial

Perikles

Yes, but the difficulty is intentional, because fewer people will bother.....

Janet

and of course, let's not forget, this is Madrid's ruling, not the Canarian Government's. The Canarian authorities are complaining that this is taking them "back to the stone age". They left it??  :undecided:

Janet

There are now eleven Ayuntamientos who have put in place the facility to obtain a Certificado de Empadronamiento para viajar online, and for free. The measures have been set up in readiness for the requirement to produce the certificate from 1 September to benefit for the 50% resident discount for travel within Spain. The eleven Ayuntamientos are: Arona, Guía de Isora, San Miguel de Abona, Granadilla de Abona, Güímar, Vilaflor, La Guancha, Santa Úrsula, Santa Cruz, La Laguna, and El Sauzal. JA

edit: I've edited the thread title because "Spanish budget reduces resident travel discount" is now misleading given the way things worked out.

Myrtle Hogan-Lance

Quote from: Janet on Thu  9 Aug 2012, 10:40
There are now eleven Ayuntamientos who have put in place the facility to obtain a Certificado de Empadronamiento para viajar online, and for free. The measures have been set up in readiness for the requirement to produce the certificate from 1 September to benefit for the 50% resident discount for travel within Spain. The eleven Ayuntamientos are: Arona, Guía de Isora, San Miguel de Abona, Granadilla de Abona, Güímar, Vilaflor, La Guancha, Santa Úrsula, Santa Cruz, La Laguna, and El Sauzal. JA

edit: I've edited the thread title because "Spanish budget reduces resident travel discount" is now misleading given the way things worked out.

Just checked, and Guía's system is not ready til the first week of September, but on their site they say they will be ready.  Yippee!

poker

Getting the viajes online :

This will only be for Spanish citizens as they have an eletronic DNI i fear that can be chequed online with a chipreader via computer.

Foreingeners with a paper green NIE will still have to go to the municipalety and ask the viajes in person.

Janet

I think foreigners can still apply for an electronic certificate though ...

Janet

HERE is the information direct from the Ministerio de Formento on the new requirement from 1 September of a Certificado de Empadronamiento for resident discount.

Nova

Ooh, I like this bit, this would be much easier  :clap:

I wonder how soon "durante los próximos meses" really is...   :whistle:

QuotePara facilitar en lo máximo posible el nuevo requisito de acreditación, el Ministerio de Fomento, en colaboración con el Ministerio de
Hacienda y Administraciones Públicas, está trabajando con las compañías aéreas y sistemas de reserva en el desarrollo de un sistema
telemático que permita confirmar que el ciudadano cumple los requisitos para acceder a esta subvención cuando se emita el billete y evitar
así que el ciudadano deba aportar el certificado del ayuntamiento. Se pondrá en marcha durante los próximos meses.
If you are always trying to be normal, you will never know amazing.

—————
My other website: verygomez.com
Instagram: novahowardofficial