News:

We have undergone a major upgrade. Please see post in the Announcements board for more details.

Main Menu

Winter flu vaccination campaign 2013-14

Started by Janet, Thu 19 Sep 2013, 13:29

Previous topic - Next topic

Janet

Sanidad has initiated its winter flu vaccination campaign 2013-2014. The health department stressed that anyone at risk from flu complications should see their doctor or call 012 as soon as possible after 23 September to arrange a vaccination appointment after the 30th when supplies will be available. These groups are the elderly, the chronically ill, those with respiratory conditions, pregnant women, the morbidly obese, and health workers themselves.

Some 225,000 doses are present, distrubuted throughout the Canaries, and Canarian Health minister Brígida Mendoza said that this year's campaign was more important than ever given that there were problems with supplies of the vaccine last winter. That problematic campaign saw numbers vaccinated fall significantly, and Sr Mendoza said that there was an urgent need to restore numbers covered by the protection. JA

Michael

Yep. I think it's about due here as well. Our letters should be along shortly.

[countdown=01,06,2021,13,30][/countdown] until I return to Tenerife! :toothygrin:

Myrtle Hogan-Lance

It seems I have come down with the flu.  After buzzing around all day yesterday, sometime after 4.00 I began suffering chills, muscle ache, headache and generally feel awful. I was asleep in bed at 8.15 yesterday, which explains why I am awake now.  I am exhausted and would like to go back to sleep but my body aches from having been in bed so long.  The worst thing is I checked my bp/heart rate in the middle of the night and while the bp was slightly elevated (126/76) my heart rate was 87.  It is very difficult to sleep with a drum echoing in your ears.  Anyway at least I am not throwing up.

Nova

Oh no!  I hope you feel better soon  :hug:  Get OH to look after you.
If you are always trying to be normal, you will never know amazing.

—————
My other website: verygomez.com
Instagram: novahowardofficial

Perikles

Quote from: Myrtle Hogan-Lance on Fri 11 Oct 2013, 07:14
It seems I have come down with the flu. 

Sorry to hear it - have you been infected by somebody, do you know?

Myrtle Hogan-Lance

Well I assume so, but quite who I can blame is another issue.  I was out in public Monday and Tuesday so it could have been anybody I ran across.  Sick people should stay home which is what I plan to do.

Delderek

They are also now adding a jab for Shingles in the UK, if you are 70 or 79 (not between, at the moment). Didn't know Shingles was a problem.

Janet

Myrtle Hogan-Lance

This is a good time to remind everybody to wash their hands whenever they come home and if the opportunity presents itself while out, take advantage.  I will be carrying hand sanitiser (which you can pick up at Mercadona near the toallitas) from now on.

This flu has knocked me for a loop.  Day 4 and I am still shivering, I feel as if someone stole part of my brain and the remainder is banging around in a near empty cranium, all my muscles still ache, and the only relief is sleeping.  Thursday and Friday nights, I was in bed asleep at 8.15 pm.  I have not left the house since Thursday and it doesn't seem on the cards today.

So - vigilence!  Wash those hands.

Nova

On Friday I served three different customers who had been in bed with flu and had dragged themselves out whilst still highly infectious because they needed to do bank stuff.  Thank god for the glass  :-X
If you are always trying to be normal, you will never know amazing.

—————
My other website: verygomez.com
Instagram: novahowardofficial