News:

We have undergone a major upgrade. Please see post in the Announcements board for more details.

Main Menu

Six Tenerife hotels among best 100 in world

Started by Janet, Tue 17 Sep 2013, 20:56

Previous topic - Next topic

Janet

Six hotels in Tenerife have been recognized by German tour operator TUI Holly as among the best 100 in the world. Three are in Puerto de la Cruz, namely the 5* Botánico, and the 4* RIU Garoé and Tigaiga Las Aguilas, with the other three being in the south. These are all 5*: the Jardines de Nivaria and the Vincci Selección La Plantación del Sur on the Costa Adeje, and the Roca Nivaria Gran Hotel in Playa Paraiso. New Tenerife Cabildo president Carlos Alonso said that the awards recognize the work that hoteliers have made to offer the maximum quality and to make Tenerife tourism a competitive destination leader. TUI Holly has been awarding these prizes, based on the popularity of resorts among their clients, since 1994. JA

El Profesor

The 3 best hotels in Tenerife by quite a margin are El Mirador, The Abama and Bahia del Duque.

None of them seem to be recognised by German tour operator TUI Holly. I wonder why.

Janet

No tour operators ... ??  :whistle:

I agree about the Mirador and Bahía del Duque, though I've heard good and bad about Abama ...

Myrtle Hogan-Lance

El Profesor

Quote from: El Profesor on Tue 17 Sep 2013, 22:29
The 3 best hotels in Tenerife by quite a margin are El Mirador, The Abama and Bahia del Duque.

None of them seem to be recognised by German tour operator TUI Holly. I wonder why.

Actually it's quite clear . . . . . .  TUI are promoting 100 of their hotels, and the media and the politicians are seizing the opportunity to give each other a pat on the back (and of course, to scratch them too).
It does however make the thread title very misleading . . . along with most of the newspaper headlines and politicians' statements.

It is preposterous to put the El Mirador in the same league as any of these 6 hotels – which are all very fine hotels I might add, very fine indeed. And one wonders if even El Mirador would make it into the top 100 hotels in the world.

But why the hell not? Nothing wrong with a bit of bare faced self promotion.

I  would like to announce a new annual award for the best teacher in the whole wide world recognized by me.
And the winner is . . . . . . . . . . . . drum roll . . . . . . .  . . tension  . . . . . . da da . . . . . . . .
Oh gee . . . it's me. Thank you so much . . .  I'd like to thank my mother and all my pupils without whom none of this would have been possible.

Press conference please

Myrtle Hogan-Lance

Sorry there El Profesor, you cannot be the only candidate as I am a great teacher too.  Happy to go up against you in competition and may the best teacher win.  And buy the other one a drink.

El Profesor

Who said anything about being the only candidate?

The best in the whole wide world.

You can be El Mirador or even the Burj Al Arab, the Hotel de Crillon, Paris or the Ritz-Carlton Shanghai . . . but I win the award. Sorry. My award.

Best in the whole wide world.