German hiker missing in Ifonche area

Started by Janet, Fri 13 Sep 2013, 18:37

Previous topic - Next topic

Janet

It was only in July that emergency services were called out for a missing German hiker in Guía de Isora, and it's happened again, this time in Adeje. Currently searching in the Ifonche area are the Guardia Civil, Policía Local, a GES search and rescue team, bomberos, Red Cross, and AEA (Ayuda en emergencias Anaga). JA

Perikles

This guy is getting to be a nuisance.

Michael

[countdown=01,06,2021,13,30][/countdown] until I return to Tenerife! :toothygrin:

Janet

The search continues this morning ...

Janet

A GES search and rescue helicopter is transferring the hiker to the Adeje helipad after he was found in a zone of difficult access. There is no information at present as to the condition in which he was found.

Janet

The hiker is confirmed to be a 73-year-old German who has been transferred to Hospiten Sur for further checks but thankfully appears to have suffering no worse than slight dehydration.

Michael

So will he be billed for that then?  :undecided:
[countdown=01,06,2021,13,30][/countdown] until I return to Tenerife! :toothygrin:

Janet

shouldn't think so ... unless they can demonstrate recklessness ...  :undecided:

mind you, 73 years old and setting out solo might be deemed reckless ....

Myrtle Hogan-Lance

That last guy who got lost in the mountains behind us was a 70-something German.  I think Perikles is right.

73 and setting out alone is reckless. 

Perikles