Sea Rescue out again...

Started by Nova, Wed 28 Aug 2013, 20:01

Previous topic - Next topic

Nova

The orange sea rescue boat has just passed at high speed in the direction of Westhaven Bay  :undecided:
If you are always trying to be normal, you will never know amazing.

—————
My other website: verygomez.com
Instagram: novahowardofficial

Janet

swimmer possibly missing at Poris .....

Nova

It was too close to the shore for Poris - wouldn't have made it round the headland at Silencio, or so it looked from here...

—————

Janet

It's very odd because the sea rescue was scrambled just ten minutes before you posted ... no update yet.

Janet

As of five minutes ago, sea rescue has been joined by Policía Local, search and rescue helicopter and land teams ...

Guardia Civil patrol boat about to join in ... be interesting if you see that, Nova.

:undecided:

Nova

It's so dark now that I'll only see their lights.  I wish I could see round the corner.  Do we have confirmation of their location?  Is it Silencio or did the rescue boat make it round the headland even though it barely skimmed the rocks just off the beach?

—————

Janet

They're all heading for Poris, that's confirmed.

Nova

I've seen nothing else go by except a tiny little fishing boat that followed the trajectory of the sea rescue just before dark, until it approached the rocks then appeared to veer right and either kept going away from the shore or stopped to fish.

It's all hands to the pump whatever it is.

—————

Janet

It is now, another government lifeboat out now too ...

here's the trajectory of the boat you saw earlier, Nova ... coming up the coast from Galletas-Silencio to Poris, and then round and round, and round and round, looking ...

There is a similar graphic for the helicopter ....

[attachimg=1]

Janet

Last night's intensive efforts to locate this swimmer were fruitless and they resumed this morning at first light. Confirmation of the swimmer's departure came from his swimming companion who reported him missing during a crossing of Poris bay. The Red Cross has sent psychological help for the missing swimmer's family. JA

edit: And very sadly, a body has been recovered this morning by Guardia Civil divers in Poris bay.