News:

We have undergone a major upgrade. Please see post in the Announcements board for more details.

Main Menu

Watch your speed ...

Started by Janet, Tue 20 Aug 2013, 11:33

Previous topic - Next topic

Janet

"Watch your speed" is good general advice, of course, but it is particularly necessary over the next week because Tráfico is carrying out a campaign to highlight the role speed plays in accidents and in deaths on the roads. The campaign, being carried out in conjunction with local police, will be targeted at information ... and control. There'll be checkpoints and patrols, so watch your speed ... JA

Michael

I was just wondering, the Canarian government is skint.

Many Canarians drive like complete arseholes.

Why have they not introduced a few speed cameras?

Jeez, they'd make a clean fortune. Especially if they were hidden.  :giggle:
[countdown=01,06,2021,13,30][/countdown] until I return to Tenerife! :toothygrin:

Janet

they've got a few ... on the motorways, but I'm told they can't afford to run them ... :D

On the other hand, there are stories of people being fined ...

Usual conflict of information, and I've never felt overly inclined to investigate the truth because I don't have too much sympathy for people getting caught for driving offences ...

Nova

I pay several fines every day.  Mostly speeding fines of 200 > 100 euros, some seatbelt, indicating or flashing other drivers fines of 100>50 and 80>40 and a couple of times a week I see drink-drving fines off 500>250 euros.  The Guardia are always active somewhere in the local area  :tiphat:
If you are always trying to be normal, you will never know amazing.

—————
My other website: verygomez.com
Instagram: novahowardofficial

Marion

Quote from: Nova on Tue 20 Aug 2013, 16:53
I pay several fines every day.  Mostly speeding fines of 200 > 100 euros, some seatbelt, indicating or flashing other drivers fines of 100>50 and 80>40 and a couple of times a week I see drink-drving fines off 500>250 euros.  The Guardia are always active somewhere in the local area  :tiphat:

You must be a terrible driver Nova if you have to pay fines like that every day!   :whistle:

Nova

Do you know what, I was waiting for something like that  :rofl:
If you are always trying to be normal, you will never know amazing.

—————
My other website: verygomez.com
Instagram: novahowardofficial

NAH

So it's true then.....indicating on roads in Tenerife is an offence for which you can be fined  :017:
Never ride faster than your angel can fly.

Janet

well, it depends on what sort of indicating Nova means, because driving regs require drivers to indicate for overtaking, or even when changing lane in a motorway.

Myrtle Hogan-Lance

Then why are indicator lights optional on all the cars?

Michael

Quote from: Janet on Tue 20 Aug 2013, 16:46
they've got a few ... on the motorways, but I'm told they can't afford to run them ... :D

On the other hand, there are stories of people being fined ...

Usual conflict of information, and I've never felt overly inclined to investigate the truth because I don't have too much sympathy for people getting caught for driving offences ...

Seems like rather a false economy.  :undecided:

Quote from: Nova on Tue 20 Aug 2013, 18:10
Do you know what, I was waiting for something like that  :rofl:

She beat me to it.  :giggle:
[countdown=01,06,2021,13,30][/countdown] until I return to Tenerife! :toothygrin: