Fiesta discussion

Started by Nova, Sun 14 Jul 2013, 11:40

Previous topic - Next topic

Michael

It appears that Nova is not alone in her view of Fiestas. This was Atlantis FM's post on FB this morning.

QuoteNot only is it Humpy Day Wednesday, the most omportant news today is that the Fiesta, which for the last 16 days has been taking place literally outside my front door is drawing to a close

Way Hey - Sleep looms !!
[countdown=01,06,2021,13,30][/countdown] until I return to Tenerife! :toothygrin:

Briz

Quote from: Michael on Wed 17 Jul 2013, 10:39
It appears that Nova is not alone in her view of Fiestas. This was Atlantis FM's post on FB this morning.

I don't believe he's had music banging away outside his door for 16 days

Janet

No he hasn't ... it was 12 (link). I bet it felt llike 16 though ...

Nova

For those of you who don't get it, imagine a sadistic dentist breaking into your home, strapping you to a vibrating dentist's chair and drilling with that dreaded dentist's drill in your mouth and through to your skull, without stopping for days on end, without stopping.  Only much much louder.  And without stopping.
If you are always trying to be normal, you will never know amazing.

—————
My other website: verygomez.com
Instagram: novahowardofficial

Briz

Quote from: Nova on Wed 17 Jul 2013, 22:28
For those of you who don't get it, imagine a sadistic dentist breaking into your home, strapping you to a vibrating dentist's chair and drilling with that dreaded dentist's drill in your mouth and through to your skull, without stopping for days on end, without stopping.  Only much much louder.  And without stopping.

If it was that bad I'd move. No if but or maybe, it's like if you have the neighbours from hell they move in you move out.

Janet

Quote from: Janet on Wed 17 Jul 2013, 22:22
No he hasn't ... it was 12 (link). I bet it felt llike 16 though ...

oh dear ..... :unsure:

[attachimg=1]

:link:

Nova

It looks like the racket should only be the standard 4 days though, Thursday to Sunday. Any more than that and I'll sodding denounce the bastards. Apparently at a music festival in the UK this summer, local residents were up in arms at the loud music playing until 11pm - yes you read that right.
If you are always trying to be normal, you will never know amazing.

—————
My other website: verygomez.com
Instagram: novahowardofficial

Michael

Dopey question alert!

Isn't there a law there that says all live music etc. has to cease at midnight?  :undecided:
[countdown=01,06,2021,13,30][/countdown] until I return to Tenerife! :toothygrin:

Janet

many bars' licences say that, yes, though others say later, and they can apply for extensions ... but for public fiestas, no such licensing limitations apply ...

Briz

Quote from: Michael on Wed  7 Aug 2013, 11:46
Dopey question alert!

Isn't there a law there that says all live music etc. has to cease at midnight?  :undecided:

Eleven O'clock in some places but it's rarely policed effectively

In Palm Mar one bar with apartments directly above it stays open playing loud music until one or two in the morning. We're 250 metres away and we feel as if we're sitting at their bar it's so loud. Then the selfish bastards walk home shouting to each other at about three O'Clock. Thankfully we have double glazing