News:

We have undergone a major upgrade. Please see post in the Announcements board for more details.

Main Menu

Fatal car accident near Puerto Santiago

Started by Janet, Sun 14 Jul 2013, 10:44

Previous topic - Next topic

Janet

Two 17-year-old women died and three men of 20 and 21 were injured just after 7am this morning in a car accident on the TF47 (Armeñime to Puerto Santiago) in the Punta Blanca area of Guía de Isora near Puerto Santiago. The car in which they were travelling overturned after colliding with a tree and a wall. Bomberos had to free some of the occupants who were trapped inside, while paramedics could do no more for the women than confirm their deaths at the scene. Of the injured men, none of whom is said to be seriously injured, one was taken to Hospital Costa Adeje, while the other two were transferred to Hospitén Sur. JA

NAH

Quote from: Janet on Sun 14 Jul 2013, 10:44
.....while paramedics could do no more for the women than confirm their deaths at the scene......

I know, I know you copied it from your blog...which is also missing the word  :D

What a tragic loss of young life.
Never ride faster than your angel can fly.

Janet

:-[

:thanx:

Yes, isn't it. I can't help but connect it with the main night of the Puerto Santiago Virgen del Carmen fiesta. That doesn't mean this car had drunks in it, but there will have been drunks on the road. Something similar happened a few months ago near the Palm Mar exit of the TF1. Occupants returning from a fiesta died and everyone said well, they must have been drunk ... but the police investigation showed that they were sober, but that another driver who caused the accident wasn't ...