Punto Ikea opens Friday 28/6 in Las Chafiras!

Started by Myrtle Hogan-Lance, Wed 26 Jun 2013, 12:26

Previous topic - Next topic

Myrtle Hogan-Lance

Oh joy!  We can now buy from Ikea without having to travel up north.  If you know what you want, and know Ikea well, this will make shopping a breeze and you don't even have to get caught in the maze. 

PUNTO IKEA

Michael

[countdown=01,06,2021,13,30][/countdown] until I return to Tenerife! :toothygrin:

Janet

Myrtle Hogan-Lance

That's the point Michael - you don't have to go through the maze behind slowly waddling hordes of people.  You point, click, get it delivered to the pickup store in the south for free, and go in and pay. 

I would add that you don't have the parking hassle, however, at Ikea up north there is never a parking problem.  Unlike Ikea at Brent Cross; I'd rather have my toenails ripped out than try to park there.  I would not anticipate parking problems at the Punto Ikea either. 

Briz

Does this mean it's only a collection point and they don't have goods on display

Janet

No, they do have stuff on display, quite a bit really considering it's not a big store, but I don't think one can buy anything there.

Myrtle Hogan-Lance

Here is a report on my first experience with Punto Ikea.

I elected to shop online, so they could notify me of the arrival of the goods at the Punto, and save myself a drive to Las Chafiras.  Ikea's system had other ideas.  I had to register to purchase goods, but it kept coming back and saying the email address was already registered.  (That was news to me as I have no recollection of registering, and had I done so, would have had an entry in my Password Safe.)  It said if I had forgotten my password to click here and they'd mail it to me.  So I did.  4 times.  No email.  I filled in the contact us form describing the situation.

Next day I went to Las Chafiras where despite all the monitors they have set up with printers to enter and print your order, I still had to get an employee involved to complete the purchase.  One of the things I wanted was some cabinet knobs, which were available in 6 different colours, but the system didn't allow you to specify which colour.  So she typed in a note in the comments section.

When I got home, there was an email from Ikea to say they were having problems with their system, and I could email them back with what I wanted and they could place the order for me.  I thanked them and said I had gone into the store.

Today I went to pick up my items.  I had ordered two sets of knobs in black, two in white, two in red, and one in blue.  This is Ikea we are talking about so you know what they had for me:  two sets in black, four in white, and one in clear.  They are out of the other colours.  So I said you keep the clear ones and order me another set in black.  They'll be in tomorrow. 

So that's three trips to Las Chafiras when I only ever should have had to make one. 

Surely there are lots of other people suffering these teething problems so my hope is that the IT people will straighten out their end of things.

Of course, however, this is Ikea we are talking about.

Nova

You only have one email address?????  :undecided:
If you are always trying to be normal, you will never know amazing.

—————
My other website: verygomez.com
Instagram: novahowardofficial

Myrtle Hogan-Lance

No, I have a gmail one and a yahoo one, but since those companies cooperate with the US government and think I should have no expectation of privacy, I don't like using them.  The email address problem seems to be a general one at the moment.

I forgot to mention that I could not park at Ikea as its lot was full and it was mobbed; I had to park next door at Chafiras, as did many other people.