Who is the patron saint of taxis?

Started by Myrtle Hogan-Lance, Sun 9 Jun 2013, 09:49

Previous topic - Next topic

Myrtle Hogan-Lance

A minute ago an almighty cacophony of car horns started up on the way past the house.  The lead car was a taxi with the statue of a saint on its roof.   It was festooned in balloons.  Then about a dozen other cars, all but 3 of which were taxis, similarly decked out, horns blaring, followed.  So I figure today must be the celebration of the patron saint of taxis.

Any ideas?

Perikles

Quote from: Myrtle Hogan-Lance on Sun  9 Jun 2013, 09:49So I figure today must be the celebration of the patron saint of taxis.

Or the patron saint of balloons

or horns

or random wankers

Nova

Saint Fiacre, according to Catholic Online, but his feast day isn't until the 1st September, so either they're early or they were celebrating one of Perikles' suggestions  :giggle:

My first thought was, given the taxis round here, it might be a celebration day for Skoda  :D
If you are always trying to be normal, you will never know amazing.

—————
My other website: verygomez.com
Instagram: novahowardofficial

Perikles

Perhaps it was just a celebration of the fact that one of their Mercedes managed to get repaired.  :toothygrin:

Myrtle Hogan-Lance

Quote from: Perikles on Sun  9 Jun 2013, 10:26
Perhaps it was just a celebration of the fact that one of their Mercedes managed to get repaired.  :toothygrin:

Or a prayer for same.

Anyway, they went up your way and let off some fireworks, which we saw when walking the dogs, and then they reversed and went back to wherever down our street again.  Did you somehow miss this spectacle?

Janet

ah, we heard the fireworks ..... but no taxis up our bit ...  :undecided:

Michael

I reckon St.Dick (Turpin) would be appropriate.  :whistle:
[countdown=01,06,2021,13,30][/countdown] until I return to Tenerife! :toothygrin:

poker

Quote from: Michael on Sun  9 Jun 2013, 19:58
I reckon St.Dick (Turpin) would be appropriate.  :whistle:

LOL really good one . :-):-):-)