Five men missing in Tenerife. Can you help?

Started by Janet, Mon 3 Jun 2013, 16:14

Previous topic - Next topic

Janet

A fourth man is now missing in Tenerife. Juan Rosendo Oval Morales, known as Juanito, disappeared on 29 May from the Granadilla area. The immediate telephone number to contact if anyone knows his whereabouts is 659 589 754, but also for him or the other three below, please just call the police if you are able to help.

Also still missing are:

54-year-old José Hernández, known as Pepe, from Palo Blanco in Los Realejos, disappeared on 28 April

32-year-old Antonio Muñoz Romero from La Laguna, disappeared on 16 April

49-year-old José Manuel Rodríguez from El Tanque, disappeared on 10 April

JA

Guanche

Ermmm this isn't right. Four men missing in an area the size of a UK county? Police, bells, alarm??? :undecided:

Janet

These four men are still missing in Tenerife. Someone out there must know something. If anyone does, or suspects they might, please contact the police. Their families are desperate for news. JA

Janet

and now another ... and I'm editing the title pro tem to "five ... ".

National police are searching for 37-year-old Marcos Castellano Doble, who has been missing now for five days. His disappearance was reported by his sister in the La Victoria area of central Santa Cruz (as opposed to the north Tenerife municipality of La Victoria). The last time Marcos was seen by his friends and family was last Monday night, when he told his mother around 10pm that he was going out to dinner and would be back in a couple of hours.

When he left home, Marcos was wearing black trousers, a white shirt with a blue design on the back, and brown moccasins. He was carrying a bag and a white sports jacket. He is said to have been suffering health problems, and his family and police ask that if anyone can help, they should call 091 or 600 303 860. JA

Michael

I'm beginning to think like Guanche.

5 men missing on that tiny little island?

WTF?  :undecided:
[countdown=01,06,2021,13,30][/countdown] until I return to Tenerife! :toothygrin:

Guanche

Missing from homes were my bread and butter for almost twenty years. People go missing all the time. Normally they are found within hours with a bit of diligent detective work. Twenty four hours for those who don't want to be found, there are of course a few exceptions. But in general they are the young or the old, these men are nither. This is what gives me concern. Sadly men of this age normally turn up dead. What surprises me is that their body's have not been found. Sorry a bit doom and gloom but it come from experience.

Janet

Quote from: Guanche on Sat 10 Aug 2013, 16:17in general they are the young or the old, these men are nither. This is what gives me concern. Sadly men of this age normally turn up dead.

What has happened to the ones you've had experience of in this group, G??

Guanche

The most difficult to find are the drowning ones. There is a science behind the search. Tides, flow, speed, depth, temperature, body mass, clothing. But of course I`ve never had to contend with the Atlantic nor a volcanic island. I suspect that unlike the UK there are many places that people just don't walk and are raerly visited here.

Myrtle Hogan-Lance

What caused them to drown?  Suicide, misadventure (read:  alcohol involved) or murder? 

And G, don't worry about doom/gloom, we're all adults and looking for realistic insight. 

Agree with Michael, this is a large number of people for a small place with a small population.  Granted there are a lot of places here for someone to disappear and not be found, but still, it is worrisome. 

Guanche

Suicide Myrtle. Once normal inquiries have been exhausted there's not a lot the police can do except wait for the body to be found. I would expect the files on these men are now quite thick. Statements, inquiries undertaken and results. Searches undertaken and by whom, mountain rescue, Police & dogs, helicopter, Coast Guard etc. Maps of areas covered and bulletin's to other agencies. Banks, airports, docks. Theres a lot that goes on. Of course the Police are in possesion of all the information and we can only guess as to whats happened to these men.