ChalkCat World > Canary Islands

Today's Tenerife rave

(1/8) > >>

Myrtle Hogan-Lance:
This thread is dedicated to raving about things in Tenerife.   :ole:

Do I want to rave about the fact that the Merc started today so we were able to drive it to the dealer and not call the grua?  No. 
Do I want to rave about the dealer telling me they would keep the car until it was fixed?  No.
Do I want to rave about the freedom our new little Honda gives us, the one we got for nearly 40% off because it was the demo?  No.

Today I would like to rave about yesterday's romería in Guía de Isora.  We love the annual romería and this time managed to drag Janet and Perikles along to join in the fun.  The crowds in their costumes, all ages, all sizes, floats, bands, dancers - everybody put on a great showing.  We ate and drank the food and vino the people on the floats were handing out and reflected that next year, they won't be pouring mojo onto the carne fiesta from a reused Fanta bottle.  Janet made a new friend in the form of a tiny little boy attached to a Sponge Bob balloon. 

It was a marvellous time, and here are a few pictures from the event.  In the first one, one of the horsemen is having a bit of vino tinto, presumably to shore up his nerves for the ride ahead.  The second one shows the image of the saint in whose honour the event was held.  In the third, one of the many food and drink floats comes along.  And in the fourth, two people are riding two stunning horses. 

Janet:
Fantastic photos, and it was a fantastic day! And yes, a small boy attached to a spongebob balloon .... :laugh:

Myrtle Hogan-Lance:
Oh happy day.  I can see clearly again.  This is thanks to Europtica/Optical¡a in Playa San Juan.

A month or so ago my backup reading glasses broke.  I was due for a reexam but let it slide and then my main pair broke last week.  Disaster!!!!!  I cannot read without glasses.  And we had a visitor so I couldn't just run to the optician.  I attempted to glue each pair back together and managed to get the backup pair serviceable again, albeit with smears of superglue on the lenses.  I phoned Europtica and got an appointment for Monday morning.

My appointment went swimmingly, glasses were ordered and they said they would phone me when the came in.  They phoned me yesterday, Tuesday around 8 pm.  I ran down this morning and picked up my brand new shiny glasses and they are wonderful. 

:bravo_2:

Myrtle Hogan-Lance:
I had a dream.

The dream was to one day get shot of the worst bank in the world, Bankia.  We decided to go all the way to San Isidro today to close the account.  I was armed with the filing cabinet.  I was armed with reasons.  I was prepared to demand the book and threaten them with a denuncia if they would not close the account on the spot.  I was prepared for a long time in a queue too.

We walked in....there were no other customers....I said to the nice woman that I wanted to close our account.  She very pleasantly asked for id and proceeded to cheerfully process the closure in under 10 minutes.  Somehow I think she may have experience in these matters. 

That's it.  Done.  Free at last, free at last. 

:e118: :e118: :e118: :e118: :e118:

Janet:
 :Woot_Emoticon: :Woot_Emoticon: :Woot_Emoticon: :Woot_Emoticon: :Woot_Emoticon:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Janet
View Janet's website
Janet
View Janet's website
Go to full version