News:

We have undergone a major upgrade. Please see post in the Announcements board for more details.

Main Menu

Granadilla toughens stance on municipal dogs

Started by Janet, Sat 11 May 2013, 10:35

Previous topic - Next topic

Nova

Maybe not, but you had a park where you could walk them, no?  A woodland, a bridal path, along a canal?  There is nothing like that here, nowhere for dogs to run free and have a play.  The beaches are really the only option and they're forbidden.
If you are always trying to be normal, you will never know amazing.

—————
My other website: verygomez.com
Instagram: novahowardofficial

Briz

Quote from: Nova on Sat 11 May 2013, 22:10
Maybe not, but you had a park where you could walk them, no?  A woodland, a bridal path, along a canal?  There is nothing like that here, nowhere for dogs to run free and have a play.  The beaches are really the only option and they're forbidden.

All our dogs would be classed today as on the dangerous dogs list and were exercised daily but never ran "free"

Michael

Quote from: Nova on Sat 11 May 2013, 10:52
That's stupid, there should be beaches made available for dogs.  It's difficult for responsible dog owners to find anywhere for their dogs to have a play.  The irresponsible ones don't care where their dogs play so won't be affected either way.

There's the problem. No-one would suggest that we shouldn't have speed limits because the majority of people don't speed so the responsible owners will suffer with the guilty.

I rather like sitting for 20 minutes when i'm out for a walk and watching the dogs go mental on our beach. They're hilarious and the huge majority of owners whip out their little black bags when the dog leaves a present but there's always the odd one.

Likewise, most of the dogs will come when called but not all. Then I will see the odd one jumping up on some passing pedestrian. Letting your large wet smelly dog jump up on passing people is not the way to make friends.

So what are we to do?  :undecided:
[countdown=01,06,2021,13,30][/countdown] until I return to Tenerife! :toothygrin:

Nova

I think all it needs is one doggy-designated beach and some policing to enforce the poopascooper rule.  It shouldn't inconvenience families and tourists without dogs because, let's be honest, this is Tenerife, they have plenty of bloody beaches to choose from.  One less beach that most people don't use anyway, which allows dogs, wouldn't harm anybody.  It might even prove popular enough that they could put a little chiringuito there and milk more money than just the poop-fines.

—————

Briz

Quote from: Michael on Sat 11 May 2013, 23:18
There's the problem. No-one would suggest that we shouldn't have speed limits because the majority of people don't speed so the responsible owners will suffer with the guilty.

I rather like sitting for 20 minutes when i'm out for a walk and watching the dogs go mental on our beach. They're hilarious and the huge majority of owners whip out their little black bags when the dog leaves a present but there's always the odd one.

Likewise, most of the dogs will come when called but not all. Then I will see the odd one jumping up on some passing pedestrian. Letting your large wet smelly dog jump up on passing people is not the way to make friends.

So what are we to do?  :undecided:

We can be sure that if it is viable then someone will buy a beach and rent it out for dogs to play on, perhaps like "softplay" for kids charge by the hour or day and lay on drinks and food for the parents/owners  :D

Janet

Maybe elsewhere, but not in Spain ... coast is public, no private beaches ...

officially .....  :whistle:

Nova

It just occurred to me the irony that dogs are so restricted in public places here when the place is even called "the dog islands"....  :whistle:

—————

Perikles

Quote from: Nova on Sun 12 May 2013, 09:37
It just occurred to me the irony that dogs are so restricted in public places here when the place is even called "the dog islands"....  :whistle:

Doubtful etymology

Myrtle Hogan-Lance

I'm for letting the doggies play on the beach and policing it strictly.  Those who do not pick up after their pets should be forced to do so with their teeth.  It'll only take one time.

Sadly no matter what happens there is no way I could let our two Staffies loose among the rest of the doggies on the beach. 

Briz

Quote from: Myrtle Hogan-Lance on Sun 12 May 2013, 14:16
I'm for letting the doggies play on the beach and policing it strictly.  Those who do not pick up after their pets should be forced to do so with their teeth.  It'll only take one time.

Sadly no matter what happens there is no way I could let our two Staffies loose among the rest of the doggies on the beach.

I had two Staffies when I was seven, they would have fought every and any dog/bitch in sight   :)